SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
^^ So far we have not seen anything that positively indicates that it will. The MW literature talks about High Line "access" in such a furtive way that I suspect you'll have to step down to street level and then back up to the High Line at the Hudson Yards spur. I do hope I'm wrong though.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
That would be great for Manhattan West if they can connect to the Highline spur w/o people having to step down to street level.

If McCourt plans on building some kind of platform in their development at 360 tenth to connect theirs to the Highline spur, then I'm sure Brookfield would work something out to have a connection to 360 10th. I hope this would be the case.

·
Registered
32 Posts
definitely saw the tower crane going up here on saturday. i'm not in that part of the city too often but will try to grab a pic when i am

·
Steinway to Heaven |¦┆┊
1,838 Posts

·
ATP Captain
76 Posts
media/office I believe. I think Associated Press is headquartered there.
Thanks. I always just assumed it was some kind of Port Authority building given it's obvious lack of aesthetics and proximity to the rail yard. I was thinking this building would ruin the new Hudson Yards project like a sore thumb but looks like it's going to it in perfectly.

http://www.manhattanwestnyc.com/#

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yea, it seems that the Hudson yards will soon have a modern, updated version of everything in midtown. It will be quite the sight when it's all done. I can't believe the scale of all the projects together.

·
Registered
42 Posts
RISE! I wonder if they will touch up the old concrete on the old building. The new glass looks amazing, but the concrete looks terrible. That whole area used to be such a dump, nice to see it improving. They will have do continue working on walk ways and plazas since so many of the side streets there are used for the Lincoln tunnel.

·
Banned
37 Posts
I really love new with old!..Foster is very skilled at this(British Museum,Reichtag,Hearst Tower,Park Av Tower...)

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
RISE! I wonder if they will touch up the old concrete on the old building. The new glass looks amazing, but the concrete looks terrible. That whole area used to be such a dump, nice to see it improving. They will have do continue working on walk ways and plazas since so many of the side streets there are used for the Lincoln tunnel.
I thought the entire thing was being clad in glass...

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Now that I look at it I would prefer they leave the concrete corner sections as they are. It would provide a nice contrast to the new glass.
From the renderings, it looks like it'll still be visible underneath the glass.

Now they just need to re clad the Verizon building and we're golden.
I dream...:lol:

41 - 60 of 147 Posts