SkyscraperCity banner

1801 - 1820 of 7803 Posts

·
Banned
4,606 Posts
Sherwood and Manhattan West are outdated, but the Girasole's design has not changed.

·
Banned
4,606 Posts
Do we have new renders, RobertWalpole?
No. Sherwood has said from the outset that it's not in tE business of developing towers of this magnitude and that it needs a partner. Also, I doubt that this project will rise for at least 5 to tn years. The same is true for the office megatower at Manhattan West.

Anyway, this area, which is largely "empty," will be the setting for MASSIVE development.

·
Registered
502 Posts
You might be mixing it up with my Sherwood Equities super glow version
No, i do mean the girasole :p I like it in this because it feels like it gives the site a very strong new york taste to it making it blend in rather than having a random futuristic looking district.

·
Registered
619 Posts
No, i do mean the girasole :p I like it in this because it feels like it gives the site a very strong new york taste to it making it blend in rather than having a random futuristic looking district.
Funny you feel that way since I just cropped the north tower to make it. :cheers:

·
Roof height crusader
5,925 Posts
Wow, so many positive reactions. I'd love to add another but I am a bit skeptical of the complex. I had expected something less dense and more focused on height. The designs are good, but not masterpieces. The urban contribution to the city is great, but in the skyline it won't really create anything other than a dense cluster of 200m+ buildings like we see in other parts of Midtown or the financial district. The North Tower stands out, but it is dwarfed by 1WTC, 432 Park and 225 West. At the end the complex is good, but that is about it. It could have been better and it could have been worse but at the end it is good.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Related CEO Jeff Blau is on Bloomberg right now and it really does sound like they have a tenant for the larger, North Tower. From Mr. Blau's comments, it will be a company based overseas looking for either a new New York HQ, or a company based overseas looking for their first NY office. Kind of hard to tell, but it does sound like this has a tenant.

·
Banned
4,606 Posts
That couild be either Credit Suisse or the ad firm that was considering 3WTC.

·
Roof height crusader
5,925 Posts
Related CEO Jeff Blau is on Bloomberg right now and it really does sound like they have a tenant for the larger, North Tower. From Mr. Blau's comments, it will be a company based overseas looking for either a new New York HQ, or a company based overseas looking for their first NY office. Kind of hard to tell, but it does sound like this has a tenant.
Is there any info on how many square feet this tenant might want?

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
Wow, so many positive reactions. I'd love to add another but I am a bit skeptical of the complex. I had expected something less dense and more focused on height. The designs are good, but not masterpieces. The urban contribution to the city is great, but in the skyline it won't really create anything other than a dense cluster of 200m+ buildings like we see in other parts of Midtown or the financial district. The North Tower stands out, but it is dwarfed by 1WTC, 432 Park and 225 West. At the end the complex is good, but that is about it. It could have been better and it could have been worse but at the end it is good.
Just good? Don't make me laugh. This is world class. Just because the height isn't enough for your ridiculous expectations doesn't reduce the overall quality of this development. If your expectations for height are Asia, you'll never be satisfied with NYC.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Is there any info on how many square feet this tenant might want?
Nope. Here's the interview, the Hudson Yards stuff starts a little after the 4 minute mark.

The leases he's referring to when he says they need to cross the T's and dot the I's are L'Oreal for around 400,000 sf and SAP 100,000 sf.

In regards to the other lease about an overseas company "making a new presence here" I highly doubt it is SAP because SAP already has offices in NY, and a US HQ in Pennsylvania. Have to wait and see I suppose.

·
Roof height crusader
5,925 Posts
Just good? Don't make me laugh. This is world class. Just because the height isn't enough for your ridiculous expectations doesn't reduce the overall quality of this development. If your expectations for height are Asia, you'll never be satisfied with NYC.
With 225 West I am satisfied, with 432 Park I am satisfied, and with 1WTC I am satisfied too, so I am already satisfied with NYC. I'm only not as satisfied as I would like with the Hudson Yards. I also am satisfied with shorter buildings, for example 15 Penn or Tower Verre because they have top class design and design is even more important than height for me. The reason why I am not that much satisfied with the Hudson Yards is because for me they have neither top class design, nor top class height. But again, I have to repeat that the project is good. That is what it is for me, good.

·
Banned
4,606 Posts
Nope. Here's the interview, the Hudson Yards stuff starts a little after the 4 minute mark.

The leases he's referring to when he says they need to cross the T's and dot the I's are L'Oreal for around 400,000 sf and SAP 100,000 sf.

In regards to the other lease about an overseas company "making a new presence here" I highly doubt it is SAP because SAP already has offices in NY, and a US HQ in Pennsylvania. Have to wait and see I suppose.
He was referring just to the South Tower. Perhaps he was referring to SAP, which perhaps is moving its US HQ to NYC.

·
Banned
4,606 Posts
100,000 or 400,000 sft is not a very large part (less than half) of the total space. Would that syill be enough to start construction?
L'Oreal (400k sf) and SAP (100k sf) will be in the Coach (South) Tower. They were not discussing the North Tower.

·
Registered
10,031 Posts
Okay, so now I'm confused. There is NO basis for the speculation that the North tower has a tenant on the ropes ?

1801 - 1820 of 7803 Posts