SkyscraperCity banner

1821 - 1840 of 7803 Posts

·
Banned
4,606 Posts
Okay, so now I'm confused. There is NO basis for the speculation that the North tower has a tenant on the ropes ?
There is a basis for it, as per Steve Ross, Related's boss. However, Jeff Blau was talking about the South Tower.

·
Banned
4,606 Posts
Has anyone noticed that there's no longer bracing under the north tower's observation deck? I would not have thought it was possible to forego the structural support.

·
Banned
4,606 Posts

I like this pregnant belly on the D-Tower.

It's time to move Javits to Sunnyside! In an ideal world, I'd like to see the Javits site made into a riverfront park and the City could sell the millions of sf of development rights to be used at various locations in Midtown.

It would be nice to see two lanes of traffic eliminated from 11th Ave and having a tree-lined median added and the sidewalks widened, which would make it more pedestrian friendly.

·
Registered
502 Posts
coach tower? or maybe westyard distribution center? its not really tilted but its the only thing i really hate around this development.

·
i ♥ NY
4,893 Posts
It would be nice to see the Hadid design for 425 Park Avenue being slightly redesigned for the HY along the Highline tracks, with a "floating" community facillity over the tracks.

I hope that the towers in phase two will be cladded with other materials then glass. To give the project more integrity and texture. Otherwise it could result in a rather ""boring"" endproduct.

·
Surprisingly optimistic!
12,728 Posts
It would be nice to see the Hadid design for 425 Park Avenue being slightly redesigned for the HY along the Highline tracks, with a "floating" community facillity over the tracks.

I hope that the towers in phase two will be cladded with other materials then glass. To give the project more integrity and texture. Otherwise it could result in a rather ""boring"" endproduct.
I recalled some fairly typical Robert Stern stuff being proposed for there:

·
faster than buildings
10,324 Posts
^^Ând a gym floor, don't you see everyone is running around.:lol:
Btw, that part of the tower must have very different floor plans.

1821 - 1840 of 7803 Posts