SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,363 Posts
I find it incredibly awkward and am not sure whether I like it or not. I'll have to wait until it gets up to properly judge it, though I think it should lose at least 100m before it begins.

as posted by patrykus (it's obvious which tower it is :p)

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
its just so plain. I cant love it.

although looks good for the NY skyline silhouette.

·
Registered
17,080 Posts
Pros: It's tall, it's in NYC, erm...

Cons: It has so style, it looks generic and seems to be very 1980s in my opinion.

Definitely a case of "height isn't everything."

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Somehow those renders create the optical illusion that it flares out slightly at the top, i wonder if that will transfer to real life?

What was the architects inspiration?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I adore it!

Need some of these skinnies in Sydney. Would work on tiny sites - just need the FSR lifted. Skinny towers = less overshadowing!

·
~ Mysterious Entity ~
4,859 Posts
Seems weird that it has such large slab to slab heights. Residential buildings usually have more floors relative to office buildings of the same height, but 4.8m per floor is even more than most high end office towers. As residential, I'd expect a good 120 stories.

·
Registered
76,997 Posts
It's so slender it almost seems unrealistic!!

How big are the floorplates Gargarensis?
its 28m x28m.:nuts:
ill have to make a model of this for towers display at work.
shouldnt take long. :lol:

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
The height is the only drawcard, otherwise its drab. For a city that takes massive pride in skyscrapers and their styles, its appaling.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It looks prefab - cheap - like a match stick. Maybe if the crown had some redeeming architectural features. Appalled at the demolition of the 1929 Drake Hotel for this stack of crates - thought it would be a heritage building.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts