SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
This needs to be moved to supertalls and the title needs to be changed to:
NEW YORK | 520 West 41st Street | 335m | 1100ft | Pro

I must say that the height upgrade is a pleasant surprise, not that the previous 2X 750ft towers were bad.

·
Registered
64 Posts
^^
There's also the office tower in the second phase of Related's Hudson Yards development that has everyting it takes to be yet another supertall, considering it's got +2 million square feet air rights. 360 10th may also very well end up a supertall if the developers decide to go high-end residential instead of hotel (700k sqft is more than plenty for such a small lot), bringing the total count to 10 supertalls.

I can't wait for Javits to get torn down to make way for more development, the Far West side will be much more valuable a decade from now and maintaining the convention center would be a poor use of such prime land.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Curbed article reveals some skepticism about the final plans for this beast: http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2014/...ging_this_1100foot_tower_to_the_west_side.php

Traffic aside, if residents are concerned about leering shadows, I would think the one tower concept is a far better solution than a twin-towered 750 ft streetwall. :2cents:
It's an as-of-right tower, the community board can't kill it and De Blasio won't kill it because of the amount of affordable housing it's promising. The board can however voice their concerns so that they might be taken into consideration when a more final version of this tower is designed and because it's the polite thing to do, even though NIMBYs are anything but polite most of the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.