SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Urban Hermit
Skyscraper fan from the trailer park
5,661 Posts
If this appears to be just a massing model, i really hope they won't go too "fancy shapy" with the eventual design. When all towers try to stand out none will. A plain, well proportioned quality cladded tower like the one shown here would do quite well given its context i think...
Definitely! I shudder at the thought of another tower the majority of this forum considers "amazing". :(

Keep it simple! Not another haphazardly designed "landmark".

·
Urban Hermit
5,661 Posts
It doesn't bother me, either, but I didn't spend millions on an apartment and got a cheaper cladding than I was promised. ;)

Being that the tower this thread is about is not for the super-rich, tenants are less likely to be offended if the cladding is made from the finest materials money can buy, but I nonetheless doubt it will look cheap as the person who started this 30 Park Place side-discussion has proposed. It's a supertall in a prime location in a prime city. Unless they hire Vinoly in a drunken stupor, they're going to deliver something pleasant to look at.

·
Urban Hermit
5,661 Posts
Every time in the last decade or so developers went for an "iconic" design it ended up some modern art crap for people who discuss Cubism over expensive coffee while reciting Yoko Ono's poetry and listening to Velvet Underground.

·
Urban Hermit
5,661 Posts
Speaking of 2WTC, the other day I thought about starting a skyscraper nerd petition that the Foster 2WTC design which Silverstein has the rights to anyway should be used for this tower so it's at least built. :p Would look nice in the area, too. (And would actually be the tallest.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.