SkyscraperCity Forum banner
101 - 120 of 348 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Excelsior!
21,658 Posts
as China grows they will invest more and more into world real estate, especially in the US. I'm sure that if it weren't for 2008, there would already be a few tall towers with Chinese backers here in the states.

·
whitest boy in the delta
14,208 Posts
that design is amazing, hope it gets built, i was really sad when a similar design failed (i think in Pudong, Shanghai).

·
Registered
947 Posts
A LOT of retail, some office, and with some design work touch ups( though I too suspect it's merely a massing model, not the approximation of the final project) will be a spectacular addition close to the heart of Midtown West. 100 floors though for 1,100 ft mean average floor heights, so the amount of floors really isn't as eye popping as it would first appear. Maybe they go a little higher, though overall I'm very happy with it and hope they can move forward relatively soon.

·
Super Moderator
Excelsior!
21,658 Posts
this will be next to the leftmost placeholder tower in this rendering, and taller than 3 Hudson Boulevard/ the Girasole (supertall left of 55 Hudson Yards)

Hudson Yards Supertalls:
Tishman Speyer Acquisition/Hudson Spire - likely 1300ft+
30 HY 1227ft
35 HY ~1000ft+
50 HY ~1060 ft
3 Hudson Boulevard -1050 ft
514 11th -1100 ft
Manhattan West 1 - possibly 984 ft+
Manhattan West 2 - possibly 984 ft+

·
Registered
64 Posts
^^
There's also the office tower in the second phase of Related's Hudson Yards development that has everyting it takes to be yet another supertall, considering it's got +2 million square feet air rights. 360 10th may also very well end up a supertall if the developers decide to go high-end residential instead of hotel (700k sqft is more than plenty for such a small lot), bringing the total count to 10 supertalls.

I can't wait for Javits to get torn down to make way for more development, the Far West side will be much more valuable a decade from now and maintaining the convention center would be a poor use of such prime land.

101 - 120 of 348 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.