SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
4,606 Posts
Extell has assembled a large group of properties at 562 Fifth Ave. A very significant tower could be in the works...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thor bought 562 and 564 Fifth Ave. I believe that it may be partnering with Extell, which, I believe, owns the adjacent building. The cigar store is now closed. I believe that the two (and perhaps, three) buildings closest to 47th St are not part of the site. Hopefully, something decent will rise here. It's not a top area, but it can become quite nice. I'd like to see a stone structure.

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2013/10/02/sitt-in-contract-to-buy-two-fifth-ave-buildings-for-105m/

Thor Equities proposal for 564 Fifth Ave:

·
faster than buildings
10,325 Posts
Great place for a tower. I mean this is in the middle of Midtown between 500 Fifth Ave and the GE Building and 383 Madison Avenue with very few high towers. That was why I think the International Gem Tower is such a great addition. I hope it's over 500 feet.

·
Banned
1,668 Posts
The whole block is out of place, but I find the Tudor-esque building quite charming. It would be a shame if the replacement is another 1960s box. If they acquire more adjacent buildings, I hope they don't demolish 576 Fifth Avenue, because that would be an atrocity.

·
Banned
1,773 Posts
Extell's building at W 47th St. is part of the assemblage, as is 574 5th, both of which are beautiful. A bunch of lousy buildings which Extell owns on W 46th also are part of the site. I suspect that this could be another 300m tower for NY.

·
Banned
1,773 Posts
Extell's building at W 47th St. is part of the assemblage, as is 574 5th, both of which are beautiful. A bunch of lousy buildings which Extell owns on W 46th also are part of the site. I suspect that this could be another 300m tower for NY.

Today

Here's the 47th St tower.

Here's the junk on 46th that is coming down.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts