SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Carlos V
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Lobby Rebdering

Located on the last remaining triangular site in all of Manhattan, Astor Place, 445 Lafayette Street, occupies a pivotal corner bounded by three thoroughfares: Astor Place, Cooper Square and Lafayette Street. Situated in Greenwich Village at the midpoint between Union Square and Houston Streets.

HEIGHT, USE & SUITE MIX:

Astor Place is a dramatic new 270 foot 21-story luxury residential tower with 39 architectural loft residences designed by world-renowned architects Gwathmey Siegel and Associates. Residences range in size from 1449 s.f. to 4156 s.f. including a limited collection of four individually and uniquely designed full floor penthouse residences featuring spectacular views.

ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN:

Designed by world-renowned architects Gwathmey Siegel and Associates, Astor Place is Manhattan’s first rotational, asymmetrical, sculptural building that can be viewed three dimensionally. Featuring undulating walls of floor to ceiling glass that maximize panoramic views of the Manhattan skyline as well as natural materials such as zinc and limestone which are incorporated into the building’s façade and enhance its reflective quality.

The residential interior layouts were designed by Ismael Leyva Architects along with Gwathmey Siegel and Associates. Ismael Leyva is one of New York City’s premier architects and has collaborated with The Related Companies on outstanding residential projects such as The Chatham, The Park Imperial and The One Central Park Condominiums at Time Warner Center.

all photos taken by me

Novenmber 2004

Photos taken today 04/16/2005 by me, Carlos

·
Registered
206 Posts
HEY!! i remember seeing this one totally sticking out within its environment. i liked it and wondered what it was called.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
It's very nice to me!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts