SkyscraperCity banner

421 - 440 of 468 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
I understand that they want avoid The Vessel to be crowded, but it would be so much nicer, if you could just go there spontaneously without having to book a free ticket in advance and provide them your name and your credit card number. I hope at least at times without much demand that will still be possible.

I am glad that the glass walls are that low. If somebody wants to commit suicide, a higher wall will not stop him, but instead spoil many photos taken from there. I wish 30 Hudson Yards had lower glass walls or at least some gaps between them.

·
hmmm......
New York
8,713 Posts
I understand that they want avoid The Vessel to be crowded, but it would be so much nicer, if you could just go there spontaneously without having to book a free ticket in advance and provide them your name and your credit card number. I hope at least at times without much demand that will still be possible.

I am glad that the glass walls are that low. If somebody wants to commit suicide, a higher wall will not stop him, but instead spoil many photos taken from there. I wish 30 Hudson Yards had lower glass walls or at least some gaps between them.
They only have timed-entry tickets (which are still free, no providing of credit card) during the launch because they know so many people will want to climb. After a few months it will be freely accessible without the timed-entry ticket.

The same thing happened at the World Trade Center Memorial when it first opened. Timed-entry tickets to mitigate the inundation of residents and tourists, and after a year it's totally open.

·
3,448 Posts
^^ I hope that's the eventual plan! The thing that makes public spaces truly work is spontaneous accessibility, where someone can on a whim explore the grounds. Imagine if you needed a timed ticket to get into central park!

·
hmmm......
New York
8,713 Posts
I can sort of understand the tripod thing.

I remember when you couldn't take photographs in the WTC Oculus (or rather the connector between the Occults and Brookfield Place), and there was really no way they could enforce it in perpetuity, so now it's a free-for-all.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Kinda troubling that Hudson Yards claims ownership of any photos or videos of or from Vessel posted to social media ... that kind of "right" should be curtailed by the government and the courts.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I was there yesterday and the park looks great and all (The Vessel looks so beautiful in person, could care less about the mall) but such an abrupt change from one block to another. I really want The Spiral to rise up already.

·
hmmm......
New York
8,713 Posts
Following Outcry, Hudson Yards Tweaks Policy Over Use of Vessel Pictures

Now visitors “retain ownership of any photographs, text, audio recordings or video footage depicting or relating to the Vessel” that they create.

But if you want to send that photo out to your Instagram fans, you still “hereby grant to Company and its affiliates the right to repost, share, publish, promote and distribute the Vessel Media via such social media channel and via websites associated with the Vessel or Hudson Yards (including my name, voice and likeness and any other aspects of my persona as depicted in the Vessel Media), in perpetuity.”

It was a slight tweak — but one that was more similar to what most museums and other public venues currently have, according to Mr. Romano.

·
Registered
878 Posts
The retail areas surrounding the Rail Yard Air Vents are still not complete ... the one along 11th Avenue hasn't even started yet ...

·
hmmm......
New York
8,713 Posts
yeah, there is still a lot of work around the plaza that is not complete, also a lot retail in the surrounding buildings still has to go in. This will activate it even more.

421 - 440 of 468 Posts