SkyscraperCity banner

81 - 100 of 10623 Posts

·
Banned
4,606 Posts
I walked by on 15 Aug. 2011 and observed that demolition is proceeding rapidly at the various properties that comprise the site of Extell's other planned supertall located at 225 W 57th.

The scaffolding covers 4 of the approx. five floors of the exterior of 220 W58th.

Reactions: Highcliff

·
Banned
4,606 Posts
From the perspective of a casual observer, T&A shows no sign of leaving 42 E57th at The Drake site, and yet they're relocating. The grocery store will be gone by the time 221 W57th and 220 W58th come down.

·
Banned
4,606 Posts
My pleasure, RenCharles.

Here's the north side of the site, 220 W58th St., on 15 Aug. 2011:

RoldanTTLB

·
Banned
4,606 Posts
With the success that Extell is having with One 57, which likely will be the lamest of the four residential supertalls, I say "Bring on Torre Verre, 440 Park and 225 W 57th ASAP!"

http://therealdeal.com/newyork/articles/brokers-peddle-98-5m-penthouses-at-extell-developments-one57-on-57th-street

Penthouses at Extell's One57 ask $98.5MAugust 18, 2011 08:30AM

Extell President Gary Barnett and a rendering of One57
Two stellar penthouses at One57, Extell Development's prospective 1,000-foot condominium and hotel tower on West 57th Street, are being shopped around by the city's biggest brokers for $98.5 million apiece, the New York Post reported.

One penthouse on the 90th floor will clock in at 10,923 square feet, the Post said, while the other, on the 75th floor, will be 12,554 square feet. They may be the priciest preconstruction condos ever, sources said.

Slated to be the city's largest residential tower at 90 floors, the building is slated to be completed within two years. The developer is partnering on the project with an Abu Dhabi government fund, which controls most of the equity.

Designed by Christian de Portzamparc, the building will have a Park Hyatt hotel on its first 30 floors, and 95 luxury condos will take up the remaining 60 floors. [Post]

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I remember someone claiming that 225 W 57th had about 30% more air rights then One57. 306 x 1.3 is almost 400m though (397.8 to be exact). Why are people suggesting this thing will be about 350m tall?

I also recall saying that air in Manhattan is extremely valuable and it would be stupid for any developer not to build to maximum height, which is why Manhattan has so many skyscrapers.

Why not 400 though and only 350? :p

·
Banned
4,606 Posts
I remember someone claiming that 225 W 57th had about 30% more air rights then One57. 306 x 1.3 is almost 400m though (397.8 to be exact). Why are people suggesting this thing will be about 350m tall?

I also recall saying that air in Manhattan is extremely valuable and it would be stupid for any developer not to build to maximum height, which is why Manhattan has so many skyscrapers.

Why not 400 though and only 350? :p
I said that it has about 30% more air rights than Carnegie 57. The thing that could make it either 300m tall or 400m tall is the amount of office space, if any, that the project has. If it has 20 floors of boutique office space with condos and a hotel above, it could be 300m. If it's all condos and a hotel, it should be around 400m.

260 Posts
I said that it has about 30% more air rights than Carnegie 57. The thing that could make it either 300m tall or 400m tall is the amount of office space, if any, that the project has. If it has 20 floors of boutique office space with condos and a hotel above, it could be 300m. If it's all condos and a hotel, it should be around 400m.
which way do you think it will be?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Ah okay. Thanks for clearing that up for me Robert. Which do you think it will be?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
With all the office space U/C in the city, or buildings searching for tenants chances are this is hotel/condo, especially with the demand for high end real estate with very little current supply outside of C57. This'll have even better views than C57 too.

·
Banned
4,606 Posts
Ah okay. Thanks for clearing that up for me Robert. Which do you think it will be?
I agree with Yankeesfan that this probably will lack an office component and will be purely residential/hotel and therefore, around 350-400m tall. A residential/condo would be much easier to finance than would be a tower that has even a small office component of 200k sf. Offices require pre-leasing to get financing, and a boutique office component of that size would entail a lot of small, but very expensive, leases to hedge funds, PE firms, etc. It would be very difficult to show the lenders that you're fifty percent preleased when you're leasing to many small users.

·
15,830 Posts
as of yesterday

·
We will never forget
579 Posts
Hmmm ... The demolition process is good, hopefully by the end of the year the buildings of the site is completely demolished.

Until then (year's end), I'm hoping that some render is released.

·
Banned
4,606 Posts
Thanks for the photos, JohnFlint. Demo prep for 220 W58th St also is progressing well.

Here's a photo by RoldanTTLB

·
Banned
9 Posts
With the success that Extell is having with One 57, which likely will be the lamest of the four residential supertalls, I say "Bring on Torre Verre, 440 Park and 225 W 57th ASAP!"

http://therealdeal.com/newyork/articles/brokers-peddle-98-5m-penthouses-at-extell-developments-one57-on-57th-street

Penthouses at Extell's One57 ask $98.5MAugust 18, 2011 08:30AM

Extell President Gary Barnett and a rendering of One57
Two stellar penthouses at One57, Extell Development's prospective 1,000-foot condominium and hotel tower on West 57th Street, are being shopped around by the city's biggest brokers for $98.5 million apiece, the New York Post reported.

One penthouse on the 90th floor will clock in at 10,923 square feet, the Post said, while the other, on the 75th floor, will be 12,554 square feet. They may be the priciest preconstruction condos ever, sources said.

Slated to be the city's largest residential tower at 90 floors, the building is slated to be completed within two years. The developer is partnering on the project with an Abu Dhabi government fund, which controls most of the equity.

Designed by Christian de Portzamparc, the building will have a Park Hyatt hotel on its first 30 floors, and 95 luxury condos will take up the remaining 60 floors. [Post]
is that just beside the park? then it is really luxurious to live there

81 - 100 of 10623 Posts