SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New York City in late July (Part I)

Ah, New York. It really is an incredibly special city with a vibe unlike any other in the U.S. Here you can see every layer of American history more-so than anywhere else. So much character and so much flavor.

Upper West Side

This is where I stayed. It was a nice hostel on 95th and West End called "Continental".

I ate dinner here one night. Sadly, the inside looks absolutely nothing like it did on the show...

Upper East Side

Midtown

hmm...

For a second there, I thought I was back in Chicago... ;)

Heading Downtown...

My third favorite New York building:

Little Italy

Chinatown

See Part II as well.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Great shots. Thanks for posting those.

New York has such an amazing array of buildings of all architectural styles. It really is a feast for the eyes.

·
Registered
882 Posts
"I ate dinner here one night. Sadly, the inside looks absolutely nothing like it did on the show..."

I ate at the seinfeld restaurant as well during my first trip to new york this april. good times...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow!

I'm just getting started in photography and these are some unbelievable shots of NY. Very nice job with capturing many different styled buildings. The architecture looks awesome. Nice job!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RiversideGator said:
Great shots. Thanks for posting those.

New York has such an amazing array of buildings of all architectural styles. It really is a feast for the eyes.
Yeah, every layer of American architecture since colonial times. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Urban Politician said:
Great album, US.

You stayed very close to my stomping grounds, BTW. When were you here? The Seinfeld Diner is about a 3-4 minute walk from my building
This past week for a few days. I must, say, you live in a great neighborhood. I had heard from some locals that rent around those parts is around $5k/month. How true is that?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice! NYC looks great as always!

Btw. What´s the name of that church? I think it´s beatiful..
St. Patrick's, I believe. It reminded me a bit of churches in Italy.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts