SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 1282 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
That is a lot of money for not much stadium.

·
Registered
980 Posts
for that price, even in other "super" expensive cities you can have a superb stadium

(Wembley, London, a 90,000 all seater way bigger roof, maybe similar amennities, a 17,000 club level + demolition of old stadium, clearance of the site, and it was an over budget proyect)

this new Yankee Stadium looks very average

·
Banned
1,105 Posts
Hum they are trading down in terms of stadium and the bill is ridiculous. Where does all the money goes?
i asked that same question and got no answers. There in Denial that they are putting money in Stienbrenners pocket.

·
Administrator
29,856 Posts
It doesn't matter what the internal finishes are,.. most of it will be in the luxery boxes and away from the real fans.

Very disapointing, I'm a baseball fan (NOT a Yankee fan though) but for the sake of the game,.. this Stadium comes short, way overpriced.

The Dodgers (56,000 capacity) are renovating the stadium floor by floor. Last year they completed renovating the field level. Every off season they will do the same with every level till the whole thing is complete. Without touching the esthetics or the familiar popularity of the venue.

All the seats were replaced 3 years ago.

And yes they did add more amenities, restaurants, a bar, new bathrooms etc.

Yankess should've done the same. The Big Bambino just rolled over in his grave.

·
i like turtles
207 Posts
Well no one has seen the internal finishes of the stadium yet so you cant really comment
exactly. i can immediately tell that most of the people badmouthing the new stadium obviously havent been in the current one. right now the concourses are brutally cramped, jam packed with ppl exitting after the game or getting food and going to the bathrooms between innings, etc. on top of that, there aren't enough concessions stands to adequately serve moderate crowds, so trying to serve 50,000+ ppl during home games leads to way long lines.

trhe new stadium is gonna have wider concourses to allow guests to flow easier inside the stadium, more bathrooms, more concession stands, and more space for shops, all of which give guests a better experience. although the stadium will lose some revenue by getting rid of 3,000 seats, it will be more than made up for with more luxury boxes. now i know ppl are bitching that the price of tickets will skyrocket for all seats, but it simply isn't true. the luxury box sales will 'subsidize' (the best word i could find) the prices of most other seats. the upper deck seats will remain at $20-$30 and the bleachers will stay at $15 so most fans will not see a noticable increase in the trip to a game.

the current stadium could in no way be renovated again at a reasonable timeframe and cost. it would require the demolition of the external walls and reworking the external wall columns to have the loads carried some other way while reconstruction is done. the time and money to do this would go to the point that it would be more reasonable to build a new stadium altogether and a shitload of people would be complaining about that.

and you need to consider the construction costs of labor, land, materials, and transporting them in nyc. still, i think the $1.3 bln pricetag might be a bit high (IMO $1-$1.1 bln would be more 'appropriate'), but that money WILL be made back, and then some due to the more revenue opportunities. and in the end, all pro sports franchises are businesses. and the money will be able to be made without selling naming rights (just like most other pro teams do)

·
Gamecocks&Skyscrapers fan
1,834 Posts
It doesn't matter what the internal finishes are,.. most of it will be in the luxery boxes and away from the real fans.

Very disapointing, I'm a baseball fan (NOT a Yankee fan though) but for the sake of the game,.. this Stadium comes short, way overpriced.

The Dodgers (56,000 capacity) are renovating the stadium floor by floor. Last year they completed renovating the field level. Every off season they will do the same with every level till the whole thing is complete. Without touching the esthetics or the familiar popularity of the venue.

All the seats were replaced 3 years ago.

And yes they did add more amenities, restaurants, a bar, new bathrooms etc.

Yankess should've done the same. The Big Bambino just rolled over in his grave.
Didn't the Dodgers just announce a $1B renovation of Dodger Stadium?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Considering the last report on the Cowboys Stadium was that they are at the $575 million spending point with most of the structure built, the interior finishes must really be expensive. Take away the 2-300 million for the roof, and you're probably still looking at over $4-$500 million on the finishes(seats, scoreboards, interior glass, field, suite and club finish out, corridors, etc)

·
Administrator
29,856 Posts
Didn't the Dodgers just announce a $1B renovation of Dodger Stadium?
No Señor. It's a $500 Million project to revitalize the surrounding area.
New green spaces, restaurants, shops, bars, a museum, all the nick nacks.

Here's the info on that. Sketches, pics, and a video narrated of course by none other than Vin Scully himself :)
http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/la/ballpark/next50/index.jsp

This aside from the yearly renovations taking place right now of the interior of the bowl. It still doesn't add up to 1.3 Billion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The new Yankee Stadium?

Greetings, people.
Some time ago, i heard about the demolition of the Yankee Stadium and the construction of a new one.
But recently, i saw render pics of the new Yankee Stadium... WTF!!!
I thought it gonna be a superb stadium, architecturally speaking; a "good Miller Park" or something better like that, with roof, etc etc .
But is the same concept, nothing special, architecturally speaking.

a render of the NEW yankee stadium

another render, from a human view.

the OLD yankee stadium.
And the construction cost is $ 1.3 billions, what a waste. ($ 1,300,000,000).
:eek:hno: I DON'T LIKE THAT STADIUM :eek:hno:

·
Unregistered User
2,563 Posts
the new stadium is gonna be great, i dont understand why you have a problem with it

i think this is great

41 - 60 of 1282 Posts