SkyscraperCity Forum banner
721 - 740 of 1322 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
When you´re talking about the official height of this building, you always include the spire. But with building's with an antenna like Empire State, Conde Nast and the late World Trade center you never take that into the official height. Is it just a coincidence, or is it a difference between a spire and an antenna? If so, why is the spire included when you talk about the height and not the antenna?

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
This must be an icon tower... it's incredible!!!

I love it... very powerful building, very effective design all around, including a perfectly centered and sized spire.

:cheers:

·
5,837 Posts
taken awhile back...

way more recent

^^ Not to stir up shit but you should at least give Derek some credit for those. Those shots are rather nice btw. Wired New York will probably contribute way more U/C Shots than SSC sadly in the near future since were losing the incredible eye of the FISH in the next few months.

·
Canadian eh!
3,556 Posts
I'm surprised this tower doesn't have more of an impact on the skyline. It needed to be taller to be a little more distinct. In some of the photos it is quite hard to even pick it out if you aren't looking for it.

Very nice tower just wished for another 100 feet even.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
I'm not saying this to promote Toronto or anything, so I better make it clear as a disclaimer than anyone who decides to turn this around on me and bash Toronto is an idiot ;) And yes, I realize it is MUCH smaller than the NY Times Tower, but...

The Telus Tower in Toronto (U/C) is similar in its design, or atleast from a distance. I like the NY Times Tower alot, so it will be nice to have a little slice of NY Times Tower in our city :)

Telus Tower, Toronto:

NY Times Tower, NYC:

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
I'm not saying this to promote Toronto or anything, so I better make it clear as a disclaimer than anyone who decides to turn this around on me and bash Toronto is an idiot ;) And yes, I realize it is MUCH smaller than the NY Times Tower, but...

The Telus Tower in Toronto (U/C) is similar in its design, or atleast from a distance. I like the NY Times Tower alot, so it will be nice to have a little slice of NY Times Tower in our city :)

Telus Tower, Toronto:

NY Times Tower, NYC:
That's cool. Did Piano design the Telus tower also?

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
^^ Actually, Telus was designed by Adamson Associates Architects.

721 - 740 of 1322 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.