SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forummers from New York,

My name is Ramses and I’m from the Netherlands. Currently I am writing an article about the highrises in Manhattan, most of my work is already done. But I’m missing a little part about NIMBY’s, I didn’t find any books about them in our local library. Is there someone on this forum who can tell me something about a NIMBY-movement in New York? How powerfull are they in your city? Or can someone give me some relevant links? Thank you very much in advance :)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
if you want to know anything about nimby vist la... this city cant do anything for fear someone might loose a swiming pool

·
What'u smokin' Willis?
2,097 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your info. I've already signed myself in on wirednewyork and i've found a lot of nimby-threads over there. :)

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
I wouldn't say NIMBYs are that bad. Maybe they don't have the best practice, but their ideas are in the right direction. BTW, those who are trying to block a project that goes on where they live are techincally not NIMBYs b/c they aren't going to live with that project. Sometimes they don't want buildings that are out of scale, b/c they would like to preserve the nature of their area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts