SkyscraperCity banner

1081 - 1100 of 4619 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
^^I think Tishman has got that one covered.... hopefully even taller. But as for this one I am still sceptical about whether or not to trust that article.
Here's to hoping:cheers:

·
Registered
947 Posts
1,392!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just so happy to hear this, though of course until they're about to build things can always change as we all know. I'm just so glad SL Green is going really boldly for the new signature tower that will herald the new Midtown East. Just hoping for a little bit more of a revision, still not completely in love with the tower as presently rendered. In the end though, very good building news for New York City... hopefully as final approval may not come for this first round of the Midtown rezoning(the Vanderbilt Ave Zoning plan) until next spring hopefully by next summer or early fall we start seeing the ball rolling here.

·
It was aliens
4,723 Posts
1292 roof and 1392 spire?

Not bad NY not bad, can't wait to see this rise.

Sorry to be the guy too lazy to read through the whole thread but when can we expect this to start construction?

·
Illuminati Leader
5,284 Posts

·
It was aliens
4,723 Posts
Yea I wouldn't say "absolutely dominate" considering the pinnacle is actually a few feet lower than the rooftops of 57th street will be.

It will be comparable to ESB in size which is not bad obviously

·
18,261 Posts
it will be about the same height to the spire as 432 park. Nothing in the area measures up. The only height in the ballpark is to the tip of the spire on the Bank of America Tower which is 1200' and 1 VP is closer from this vantage point.

·
Illuminati Leader
5,284 Posts
If the ESB dominates, The Vanderbilt will too especially it's closer to queens.
But it's also 60 feet shorter which is why I say it will be comparable to ESB. And considering ESB doesn't dominate that pic, I don't think One Vanderbilt will either. It will look big but dominate is a strong word. Maybe if it were 1,800ft+ it would dominate.

Reactions: Vertical_Gotham
1081 - 1100 of 4619 Posts