SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
i ♥ NY
4,895 Posts
When i pased by the site last week i asked a construction worker about the renders, he just said "well, this will take a long time, till renders will be released" mhhhhh i hope we dont need to wait a year or so on.

·
i ♥ NY
4,895 Posts
Here's another great view of the site at 220 CPS on which the 40 story tower by Pelli will rise. It's the white building on the far-right in lower corner. Behind that, moreover, is the site on which Extell will build another 300+m tower.
Is the other supertall by Extell already approved? Have you got further information about it?

·
i ♥ NY
4,895 Posts
^^ i actually stayed at the nearby "Wellington hotel" last year and in fact the area is one of the best in whole Manhattan, with basically everything nearby. :)

·
i ♥ NY
4,895 Posts
I still can't believe that they are building a supertall in this particular location. It looks weird to have a supertall cramped between existing buildings, while we are used to see them almost exlusively freestanding on thei own dedicated lots.

·
i ♥ NY
4,895 Posts
It's still amazing that this tower will be build and that it'll be build on that particular location. The renders above proof that this will be an amazingly tall and needed addition to the skyline, and it's gonna add the verticality that's needed. I hope tower verre and the other tall one proposed for MT will be UC soon.

·
i ♥ NY
4,895 Posts
Hey guys, if Vormek doesn't like the buildings it's ok, it's just his taste and opinion about it. I mean, i really like New York City, and it's the greatest city ever built (imo) and my visit has just affirmed my thinking about this city. But hey, i'd never anticipate that everyone likes it, it's good that people have different tastes, otherwise we would life in a boring world.I think we are all mature enough, to be able to handle negative comments about things we like. AND this is a forum, where mindsharing, discussions and arguings are welcome, so we shouldn't forbid anyones opinion in first instance.

On the other hand, pictures doesn't do NYC justice, on some pictures the buildings really appeal to be "ugly" while they are amazing in real.

It just frustrates me everytime, that anyone who has another opinion about a project than the majority has, is been called a "troll" or even get bashed here.

my 2 cents...

·
i ♥ NY
4,895 Posts
It will def dominate when seen from some vantage points within the central park, but i doubt it will have a very big impact when seen from lets say weehawken or newport, not to mention astoria park or LIC, since it will be hidden by the buildings from 1st avenue to 7th avenue, Allthough iom curios to see if i am right or not.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.