SkyscraperCity Forum banner
3501 - 3520 of 7498 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here comes the arguement about why not adding the 13th floor is stupid. Whenever it gets mentioned this arguement ALWAYS begins.
I won't argue as to whether not adding a 13th floor is stupid or not, but I will say that not all buildings in NY are missing a 13th floor. For example, my apartment building does not have a 13th floor. But, my office building does (my boss' office is on the 13th floor :)).

·
Registered
266 Posts
I won't argue as to whether not adding a 13th floor is stupid or not, but I will say that not all buildings in NY are missing a 13th floor. For example, my apartment building does not have a 13th floor. But, my office building does (my boss' office is on the 13th floor :)).
Hah, that sounds just about right. Most of the buildings I've been in have 13th floors, I think the older buildings tend to not have 13 floors but the newer ones do. All the buildings in my apartment complex have a 13th floor. Heck, I used to live on the 13th floor before I moved to a larger apartment on the 15th floor.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hah, that sounds just about right. Most of the buildings I've been in have 13th floors, I think the older buildings tend to not have 13 floors but the newer ones do. All the buildings in my apartment complex have a 13th floor. Heck, I used to live on the 13th floor before I moved to a larger apartment on the 15th floor.
Now that you mention it, my apartment building was built in the 60s but my office was built 5 years ago!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
How about the shadow that the tower will bring over central park.
I know that New York City is on the same latitude as Madrid, Spain. So the sun gets a lot higher in the summer than over here in countries like Germany, The Netherlands or the United Kingdom.
Because of this high buildings won't have such long shadows as they would have here in Western Europe.
But still, will this tower, and 225 west 57th street create a large shadow over CP?

·
Roof height crusader
5,925 Posts
^^ C'mon, don't you think he deserves an answer? :eek:hno:

As to that answer itself, 157 is on the southern edge of CP so there'll be only a minimal shadow which might not even reach CP only for a small time during the day and only in winter, if my geography knowledge isn't fooling me :cheers:

3501 - 3520 of 7498 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.