SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
16,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vornado has plans to revamp the neighborhood surrounding Penn Station. They've disclosed their intention to redevelop multiple properties. This rendering was snuck into a pdf pitching their redevelopment of the Pennsylvania Hotel (right tower, 427m)

http://fliphtml5.com/twmd/ebhi

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Please no.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,045 Posts
nice! more company for the empire state building. wonder if the blue top is just so that facebook can write it's name in large letters on it, haha

·
12,363 Posts
99% certain those are placeholders and there's just no way in hell either of those two "designs" were done by a trained architect. Unless of course besides the opioid crisis there's also an LSD crisis that I do not yet know about.
Now that would lead to happy designs :) These are unfortunately very sad abominations.

·
Registered
74 Posts
There's even latin filler text under "A New Supertall is Stacking Up in the Penn District". I know it's a small detail, but if it slips through to the stage of presentation to investors (like it has now), then that just reflects on the overall attention to detail within the entire project. Also just a pet-peeve of mine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

·
Illuminati Leader
4,627 Posts
What's with the ugly supertall designs lately? Did someone promote Gene Kaufman?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts