SkyscraperCity banner

3161 - 3180 of 11192 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Internal fit-out and finishing touches are being done on 1715 Broadway.

The base looks fairly decent:

This angle may be becoming repetitive:

Is that an elevator shaft on the base in the lower right?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Cladding is going up at 325 Lexington Avenue in Midtown South. I was disappointed that they abandoned the shifting boxes and the huge blank wall, but the cladding on this building actually looks promising:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
The tower portion is on its way up at 20 West 53rd Street (the Baccarat Tower)! When complete it will rise 610 feet. And cladding has begun (bluer than I expected):

Another crane segment waiting to go up!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
The Fordham University development looks to be topped out, I think they are adding mechanicals to the roof. Unless there is a setback and the tower will continue to rise, but I don't think thats the case.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Foundation work continues at 605 West 42nd Street. This tower is going to be absolutely massive, rising around 700 feet and will have approximately 1000 units.

I hadn't realized how massive this site is, so I think it will take some time before we see it going vertical. Good news is that there was an army of workers on site.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
120 West 57th Street is finishing up and looking incredible. My bad photoshop merge:

This building is even more incredible in person. Seriously one of my favorites in the city. Just wish it was a few hundred feet taller...

·
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
55,632 Posts
What's Going Up Behind The Pepsi Sign? TF Cornerstone's 4610 Center Blvd:

TF Cornerstone is expanding its reign over the residential market on the Long Island City waterfront.

The developer’s fifth tower in the neighborhood — at 4610 Center Boulevard, the site of a January crane collapse — will contain 585 rental units and should be ready later this year, Brownstoner Queens reported.

Arquitectonica is designing the 25-story building, after also designing another nearby TF Cornerstone property – the 41-story, 820-unit rental tower at 4545 Center Boulevard. That building began leasing homes last week.

The crane at 4610 Center Boulevard was hoisting a 24,000-pound load, which was twice its maximum hold. The developer and the site safety manager received a Department of Buildings violation, as previously reported.

http://queens.brownstoner.com/2013/05/tf-cornerstones-fifth-lic-tower-coming-down-the-pike/

·
Banned
4,606 Posts
Zeckendorf needs to acquire the three dilapidated brownstones to the east of this tower. They should be restored or razed. In their current condition, they are serious eyesores, which detract from the new tower at street level.

3161 - 3180 of 11192 Posts