SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry for my poor english, i'd like to know the WAY (NEW-YORK - SINGAPORE) by singapore airlines Non Stop,

·
3,636 Posts
This should answer your question:

Not content with this, from August 2004 the airline will be offering a further attraction: non-stop services from Singapore to New York and back again. The outward flight will follow a 15,700km route along the Pacific coast and over northern Canada, while the return flight above the North Pole will be significantly longer, at 16,600km. Due to the prevailing wind directions, both flights will take about 18 hours. Up to now, SIA's New York services have had a refuelling stop in Frankfurt or Amsterdam. The new direct route across the Pacific or the North Pole will reduce the trip time from America to Asia by two hours, and from Singapore to New York by as much as 6 hours.
source:
http://www.flug-revue.rotor.com/FRheft/FRHeft04/FRH0404/FR0404f.htm

Quick french translation:
de Singapour à New York, le vol longe la côte Pacifique et survole le Nord du Canada (15.700km, 16h)
De New York à Singapour, la route est plus longue et passe par le Pôle Nord (16.600km, 18h), en raison de vents défavorables.
Cela fait six heures en moins pour aller de Singapour à New York.

·
Registered
11,842 Posts
Damn....I tot we have someone reporting his trip on that flight when I saw the page title!

·
More excitment ahead!!!
17,714 Posts
huaiwei said:
Damn....I tot we have someone reporting his trip on that flight when I saw the page title!
Me too.....i thought one of those flying the world thingy.....:lol:

·
Registered
11,842 Posts
Muahahaa :D 18 hours of stuff to write about?? :D

·
Registered
11,842 Posts
Huh? Dreams???

·
Read Only
6,114 Posts
haha maybe 9 hours lar. but i did sleep through a 5 segment flight lasting more than 24 hours before - didnt even eat :)

·
More excitment ahead!!!
17,714 Posts
heirloom said:
haha maybe 9 hours lar. but i did sleep through a 5 segment flight lasting more than 24 hours before - didnt even eat :)
Wah shui4 shen2 (sleeping god).......:eek:

Which flight was that?? :D

·
Read Only
6,114 Posts
somerhwere in florida to singapore. one floridan city to another, then to lax, then to narita then to sg. maybe 4 segment can't remember.

·
More excitment ahead!!!
17,714 Posts
heirloom said:
somerhwere in florida to singapore. one floridan city to another, then to lax, then to narita then to sg. maybe 4 segment can't remember.
Aiyo.....so many transfers.......:no:

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
on such lomg flights, the routine is

eat-sleep-watch PTV

SQ inflight entertainment fortunately is comprehensive enough for such long flights

·
Registered
11,842 Posts
If its me I would be hiding at the snack lounge and clearing the shelves for them. :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.