SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 1434 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
i think that with spire this tower will reach easily 2132ft !!!
it's very incredible to see this in 2020
i think that the midtown will take the title of king of new york from lower manhattan

·
YoutubeChannel:Jackedi07
180 Posts

Hudson Yards Site Could Host Supertall
Two parcels of land in Hudson Yards, if developed together, could host a supertall tower that would surpass One World Trade Center at an astounding 549 meters. :cheers:

A parcel of land owned by the Rosenthal family, which stretches from West 35th to West 34th streets between 10th Avenue and the new thoroughfare Hudson Boulevard, is now on the market. Adjacent to the Rosenthal parcel is a site owned by Sherwood Equities, which may consider selling to the neighboring buyer.

Major developers are attracted to the monumental potential of the Hudson Yards site.

“Together these sites are one of the best commercial development parcels in the area,” said Ryan Nelson, senior vice president and manager of Sherwood Equities acquisitions and sales.

The zoning of the parcels supports commercial, office, hotel, and up to 37,161 square meters of residential space, for a combined total of 111,484 square meters.

http://www.ctbuh.org/News/GlobalTallNews/tabid/4810/Article/1123/language/en-US/view.aspx#!

·
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
55,632 Posts
Hudson Spire Brokerbabble

HUDSON YARDS—More details have emerged about the block-long development site near Hudson Yards that just hit the market. The gist is that whatever tower ends up rising there could be giant. By which we mean, up to 100 floors and 1,800 feet high, with 1.2 million square feet of residential, commercial/retail, and/or hotel space. Massey Knakal, which is selling the parcel, issued a release today: http://www.masseyknakal.com/pressrelease\635253094216605843.pdf (warning: PDF!) stating that "Hudson Spire" has an official address is 435 Tenth Avenue, facing the yet-to-be-created Hudson Boulevard, and runs from 501-507 West 34th Street to 510-528 West 35th Street. "Rarely does an opportunity become available to build a city's tallest tower, especially in New York City, which is known for its iconic buildings. The Hudson Spire could one day become the tallest building in the US, surpassing One World Trade Center," MK crows in its release. "An observation deck would be the ultimate addition."

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
That rendering by MJM+A architects was done only to depict the 1,800ft @ 1.2m sf tower because they were commissioned to imagine the full potential of this plot only which they are selling.

I would love to see a render of this Hudson Spire at 2.5 m sf, should Sherwood decides to sell their half. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I think VG is correct here, if you look at the site, you can clearly see that the tower only covers the left site of the parcel and the right site is left blank as if it isn't part of it, which is not the case when you look at the previous Sherwood proposal which included the whole site. So my guess is that they're clearly separating the 2 sites and the rendering is for a 1.2m sq/ft tower.

Sherwood's tower

·
Illuminati Leader
4,627 Posts
^^ There is no developer currently. It's more of a hazy vision than a proposal at this point. Hudson Spire is the name the land seller gave to it to stoke up visions of grandeur for would-be developers.

Reactions: Eric Offereins

·
Banned
4,606 Posts

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Has anyone noticed that the boxy tower shown on the west side of Hudson Blvd is around 400m? I believe that it's the old "Javits Hotel" site. P.S.: This is the Chinese group that I referred to as a possible buyer for this site. http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303819704579320902316499722?mod=WSJ_hps_MIDDLE_Video_second
Are you referring the tower across (west) from the Hudson spire?? That's the Girasol.

Yea, I was thinking about the same thing when I read the WSJ article. This year we are going to hear a heck a lot of this kind of news! :cheers:

·
Registered
619 Posts
I think VG is correct here, if you look at the site, you can clearly see that the tower only covers the left site of the parcel and the right site is left blank as if it isn't part of it, which is not the case when you look at the previous Sherwood proposal which included the whole site. So my guess is that they're clearly separating the 2 sites and the rendering is for a 1.2m sq/ft tower.

Sherwood's tower
[IG]Http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/4343/7455769367ed1dac6beofw2.jpg[/IMG]
If you are referring to the blue line at the base that is a result of the spectacularly shitty photoshop job it is.

41 - 60 of 1434 Posts