1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
16,918 Posts
7,5/10. Classic, antenna quite long indeed

·
Registered
375 Posts
5/10
I just really don't like this tower. The renderings looked ok, but the finished project looks like a weird skeleton, and the spire is awkward. Still, a few points for sheer height.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I really liked the renderings, so I was perfectly fine with the design concept of NYTT. The problem was the executiuon.

Facade: Interesting concept using the ceramic rods to conserve energy. The problem is that the color choice was rather unfortunate as it makes the building look very dull and drab. Also, the window pattern as it looks against the facade makes the building look prision or parking garage like, with windows that are vertically small and horizontally continous.

Crown: Instead of having a nice gradual decrease of ceramic rod density from the bottom to the top of the crown, the rods on the crown just seem to disappear altogether. This acts to emphasize the vertical and horizontal supports of the crown, the thickness of which makes it look like some type of exoskeleton support structure, and therefore a perpetually under construction or unfinished look.

Spire: Well, it looks like a flagpole to me, and I just don't find that appealing. Also, I don't like that ring about 1/3 of the way up.

Positives: Internal stairs along facade. Exposed angular cross-braced structural support. It's in New York and not Chicago

I give it a 3.5

·
18° :(
1,645 Posts
I dont like it at all!!! it could have been better designed.... and it looks kind of 70s.....5.0

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
i like it. its got one of the more interesting facades, really only thing i dont like is the spire. it would look even worse without a spire i think though. its really impressive in real live

·
Do A Little Dance
1,565 Posts
I like the overall look of this tower and don't mind the spire but it just doesn't grab me.

7/10

·
Banned
4,890 Posts
very nice tower........9/10

1 - 20 of 257 Posts