SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, this is my first post here, have been reading the forums for a lil while and thought I'd join in. I'm amazed by the regular posts and the popularity of these forums. I'm currently in my second year of my 5 year Bachelor of Architecture, in New Zealand and enjoying it.

I have a fairly big assignment and I have chosen one of my favourite Architectural works, the redevelopment of the new Canberra Parliament in Australia.

Designed by Romaldo Giurgola the building/design in my opinion is truely stunning and I'm sure some of you have seen the building , or atleast pictures of it.

Part of my assignment is to create a detailed model, for which I can find plenty of pictures but no plans or elevations. I was hopeing someone could help me or if theres a magical library site that could help me. I've searched what feels like the entire internet but cannot find and plans,elvations,sections, dimensions or anything.

Either way will be a regular poster as this site seems great, any help would be much appreciated in terms of info or even opinions of the building.

Cheers :)

·
비누
48 Posts
Here are some pictures for those that don't know it. It was opened in 1988.

You used to be able to walk right up the grass to the top of the building. This has been disallowed in recent years for security reasons.

The Flag pole is 81m high:

Some farmers protesting:

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Puts999, I have got nothing but good news for you!

I am going to visit my nation's capital in two weeks with my girl, and I will be sure to take heaps and heaps of pictures.

Oh btw, the Parliament House costed around 3 billion dollars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts