SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 6237 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We can use this thread to discuss places to eat in Newcastle (and surrounding area's)- whether its Restaurants or Takeaways. Whether its Italian, Indian, Chinese etc etc

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I hear the Rupali has had a makeover - the late lamented Latif's sons have taken over and tried to move it a bit more upmarket

·
21,963 Posts
I hear Mcdonalds on Northumberland street is quite good.
I had some 'Chicken Nuggets' in there the other day, I enjoyed them!

The mate I was with said "Chicken Nuggets . . they're for kids you know". So I said . . 'I guess MY secret is out then!'

(I don't agree with him, by the way!)

Anyway, I will probably add a more serious 'restaurants' comment later . .

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

The mate I was with said "Chicken Nuggets . . they're for kids you know". So I said . . 'I guess MY secret is out then!'

Chicken nuggets are lovely!!! I have a confession to make......I once bought a box of 20 nuggets and ate them all myself!!!

·
21,963 Posts

Chicken nuggets are lovely!!! I have a confession to make......I once bought a box of 20 nuggets and ate them all myself!!!
You're a STAR hollow! I've often wanted to do that! I find them so 'more-ish' like crisps or (in my case) Maltesers!

Boy, am I feeling HUNGRY now!!!!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ive never been in there before. It always looks a bit of a dodgy place to me. Dead chickens lying on the floor and all that stuff! Maybe I am wrong lol!
I go there (not that often mind) for 'religious dietary' reason and it seems fine to me - cant say i have noticed any dead chickens lying on the floor like :colgate:

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have never understood peoples love of chinese food. It repulses me. Egg fried rice chips and curry sauce is as far as ill venture into It!! Indian food on the other hand is the food of kings. It wipes the floor with Chinese food any day of the week imo.
That i fully agree with - cant beat Indian food like :) (Cant wait til Akbar's opens :banana::banana: )

·
21,963 Posts
That i fully agree with - cant beat Indian food like :) (Cant wait til Akbar's opens :banana::banana: )
My father was in India for about ten years (in the army) before the war, and two 'curry related' things came out that, for me.

1 - He told me in no uncertain terms WHY these curry flavours were added to meat in the first place (I'll not go on!)

2 - He used to make strong curries (based on his Indian experiences) when I was a small child, which I hated. I hate the smell and taste of any and all curry-type dishes now! (I don't miss them!)

Still, there-ya-go!

1 - 20 of 6237 Posts