SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
It would probably need a takeover first, because as you rightly say it s separately owned. After that I suppose it could be [theoretically] converted into [say] a store with an entrance from/into ES.

It always seems East German to me, full of empty stores. Lord knows how it makes any money. If you opened there you'd need a great break on the terms because frankly it's pretty second rate compared to ES.
They can always turn it into student flats!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Premises Licence Application - they are moving into 129 Grainger Street, the old Modelzone shop.

17/04804/PREM | Premises Licence | Open for Consultation | Mmm And Glug 129 Grainger Street Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 5AE
Reference 17/04804/PREM
Type Variation
Category Premises Licence
Status Open for Consultation
Applicant Mmm Food And Drink Ltd
Trading Name Mmm...And Glug
Address Mmm And Glug 129 Grainger Street Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 5AE
Issue Date Not Available
https://publicaccessapplications.ne...s.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=OS98M6BS0IG00
Odd, really. If the market is to thrive, this is exactly the kind of shop that it needs. And... to be honest, I would have thought it infinitely preferable than being on Grainger Street which seems to be doing its best to make Clayton Street only the second worst shopping street in town.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I imagine the logic is that the husbands and boyfriends get thrown down into the basement/man cave area (possible sports equipment and some gadget electronics as well as menswear) and get to have a beer or two. Their better halves can then shop upstairs and come and collect them when they’re done.
Sounds like a Peter Tinniswood novel. I guess it would have to be cricket only though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts