SkyscraperCity Forum banner
281 - 300 of 12454 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Cant believe how that bridge has evolved (for the worse) - I can only remember it as it is and i hate it, always have done. Cant believe it was allowed to be built.

Would be great if it was knocked down and a small, elegant bridge is put there

·
Banned
28 Posts
It was Hennes until they Joined forces with Mauritz Widforss, then it became H&M. It was always just plain Hennes when it first opened in Newcastle, until it closed down and was replaced with Our price, then Lillywhites and now that cheap looking sports shop.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Even advertising would be an improvement, although i think TownPlanningNE render is probably something that CSC will do one Arcadia have moved into their new units, as the unit is pretty awful especially the linkages between Topshop and the Arcadia Entrance. I think that when you go down the escaltors the main exit should be straight ahead with the old exit moved slightly up to the corner.

·
23,457 Posts
Ps, does anyone remember King Cookies?
It was located a few shops down from Mothercare, almost opposite Habitat, it was very popular and always had massive queues outside, it was probably there from the late 70's to the mid 80's.
I remember that site . . I think. It was on the corner of Blackettbridge Mall and the mall that led up to the Capital & Counties Eldon Square Site Office. Initially (1976/77) it was the 'City Council Information Site' then (I thought) it became 'Don Millers Hot Bread Kitchen', but I think that may have been a bit further down, and (as you say) it became 'King Cookies' (though I don't remember that actual name, myself).

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
Has anyone tried the new pretzel bar next to the information desk in Eldon Square, near to the first entrance into Boots? Not exactly like those you'd get from a stand in New York, but not far off either! Delicious!
what's the name? there's a new pretzel stand in liverpool one so i wonder if it is the same company, a genuine german firm named Ditsch btw.

281 - 300 of 12454 Posts