Skyscraper City Forum banner
3241 - 3260 of 12356 Posts

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
Oh I did read some of that discussion but I didnt know they were 100% coming I thought it was speculation. Is HMV defo closing down? Thats a shame there wont be any shops left with internet shopping and downloads lol.

·
Urban Myth
420 Posts
Howdy folks!

Here's some more News I found!

MetroCentre welcomes US invasion

Last updated: Fri 15th April, 2011 | Time: 09:25am

MetroCentre, which celebrates its 25th birthday this weekend, has signed up three major American companies, Insider has been told. Clothing retailer Forever 21 is to take over Primark’s current store in the mall, which could be opened by Christmas. It will be the US company’s third store in the UK, following stores in Birmingham and Essex, and marks the label’s first foray into the North East. Centre manager Tim Lamb says that the new addition is indicative of a general trend in American companies moving across the pond. MetroCentre has also signed up coffee giant Starbucks and doughnut retailer Krispy Kreme to play a part in its multimillion-pound MetrOasis development, set to open by Autumn 2012 if planning permission is granted.

Read more

·
Registered
178 Posts
Gutted there'll be no Forever 21 in Newcastle. A big retailer like them would have been fantastic. Although there don't seem to be enough suitably sized units for them :(

3241 - 3260 of 12356 Posts