SkyscraperCity banner

4301 - 4320 of 11843 Posts

·
Architect
3,725 Posts
Sadly, La Senza's stuff wasn't that great. The brand had a decent image and it gave across the impression that it was decent quality stuff, but having bought one or two bits for the girlfriend, it wasn't up to much.

·
13,276 Posts
Former food store on Newgate Street - next to Halfords has been leased to a new tenant. National non food shop relocating within Newcastle. Surprising given that the property has a fairly short shelf life.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,311
Former food store on Newgate Street - next to Halfords has been leased to a new tenant. National non food shop relocating within Newcastle. Surprising given that the property has a fairly short shelf life.
Thats debatable, under the forthcoming economic conditions I can see the Newgate Centre standing for a while yet! They're just wringing out as much rent as possible while its still standing i guess. Out of interest who's moving in (and where are they vacating)?

·
13,276 Posts
Thats debatable, under the forthcoming economic conditions I can see the Newgate Centre standing for a while yet! They're just wringing out as much rent as possible while its still standing i guess. Out of interest who's moving in (and where are they vacating)?
I am told the furniture store on the corner of Clayton and Newgate St. Walmsleys.

·
The Legend
13,235 Posts
It seems that the La Senza store in ES is one of the stores that will defiantly close.

I went in the new Bench store today and I'm shocked at what Bench has become, 5 years or so ago they were bringing out some pretty decent stuff, now it's horrible tacky in your face bling stuff.

·
13,276 Posts
It seems that the La Senza store in ES is one of the stores that will defiantly close.

I went in the new Bench store today and I'm shocked at what Bench has become, 5 years or so ago they were bringing out some pretty decent stuff, now it's horrible tacky in your face bling stuff.
Has struck me as becoming Ann Summers without the 'rabbits'

·
Registered
602 Posts
Virgin Money

I just happened to be browsing the Virgin Money site (as a Northern Rock customer), and noticed that Newcastle is going to be one of five cities to get a 'Virgin Money Lounge':

To complement our Stores, we’ll also have Virgin Money Lounges in five cities – Edinburgh, Newcastle, Norwich, Manchester and London. Our Lounges are places where our customers and their guests can relax, and where local communities can meet.

Our Edinburgh and Norwich Lounges are already open. They are free to use and exclusively for Virgin Money customers and their guests.

http://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/northern-rock/new-locations.jsp

Sounds like an interesting concept - and I'm curious to see whether it ends up being a revamp of an existing NR branch (which it says elsewhere on the page "will be changing to become Virgin Money Stores", as opposed to Lounges) or a new location entirely.

·
Northumberland Import
1,562 Posts
It appears Mr Branson will be charging £5 for the pleasure of banking with him.

Metrocentre now has its own skid row with Mothercare, Early Learning, Past Times and Hawkins making it soon to be 6 empty shops on Central Upper Mall

·
Registered
17,371 Posts
I just happened to be browsing the Virgin Money site (as a Northern Rock customer), and noticed that Newcastle is going to be one of five cities to get a 'Virgin Money Lounge':

To complement our Stores, we’ll also have Virgin Money Lounges in five cities – Edinburgh, Newcastle, Norwich, Manchester and London. Our Lounges are places where our customers and their guests can relax, and where local communities can meet.

Our Edinburgh and Norwich Lounges are already open. They are free to use and exclusively for Virgin Money customers and their guests.

http://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/northern-rock/new-locations.jsp

Sounds like an interesting concept - and I'm curious to see whether it ends up being a revamp of an existing NR branch (which it says elsewhere on the page "will be changing to become Virgin Money Stores", as opposed to Lounges) or a new location entirely.
The Virgin Money Lounge in Manchester is already under construction and due to open in February, it is a new location opening on King Street, seperate to a Northern Rock branch just around the corner on Princess Street.

This is the proposed Virgin Money Lounge for Manchester.

And how it is looking during construction.

Hoardings are now up for Virgin Money at the former Armani Collezioni on King Street.

·
The Legend
13,235 Posts
Of course that is £5 per month!
Not really a big deal really. Plenty of banks offer extra benefit current accounts, intact I myself have one.

I think legally though they have to offer a free current account.

Where will the Virgin Money lounge in Newcastle be?, I'm assuming either one of the Northern Rock branches will be used for it. Currently the Northumberland street branch is having work done to it, I wonder if this is what is being done to it, it's probably the more central of the two current Northern Rock branches. The other one though which is just off Pilgrim street is larger though.

4301 - 4320 of 11843 Posts