SkyscraperCity Forum banner
12441 - 12460 of 12507 Posts

·
14,541 Posts
I never understand how it still trades that company. It's been a complete mess for the best part of 30 years.

Bargain Buys is Pound Stretcher / Instore / JTF or whatever it fancies trading as this week, no doubt to hide how bad it is. The shop that shut over the road was an absolute mess and never had anyone in and nor do most of their current stores. I know it's been in and out of administration the past few years.

Btw it's quite well known that their 50% off everything is a bit of a scam, they literally put everything up the day before give or take. Not that they'll care about trading laws.
There was a documentary called Saving Poundstrecher on channel 4 a few years back. If you watched that you will not be surprised. The owners had a problem with buying pallets of stock that were not saleable.

They got the former head of Pound World in and he made some great suggestions which they ignored.
The expression shysters is springing to mind...

·
Registered
118 Posts
After the longest 3 months I’ve known, the renovation of Tsang Foods on Percy Street that started late summer last year and was due to finish before Christmas, the hoardings have been removed to reveal …. a bare shop. At this rate, it’ll be a year-long refurbishment.

·
Registered
389 Posts
B&M have submitted plans to convert the former Gala Bingo/Midas Club in Cramlington’s Westmorland Retail Park to a new Home and garden store whilst Iceland have submitted plans to convert the now vacant Argos Unit into a new food store, and leave their unit in Manor Walks.

12441 - 12460 of 12507 Posts