SkyscraperCity banner

941 - 960 of 960 Posts

·
Registered
20,504 Posts
3rd stage of the Tour of Britain 2019 cycling race into Newcastle - pictures 09/09/19 Part 5

Part 5

Pictures taken by myself 09/09/09 in period approx 1330 - 1615, taking views prior to the arrival, cyclists arriving in area of Sandhill and Dean St etc

Big screen on Grey St showing live coverage of the race

Foot of Grey St

Images hosted on Post Image site

More on following post

KEN

·
Registered
20,504 Posts
3rd stage of the Tour of Britain 2019 cycling race into Newcastle - pictures 09/09/19 Part 5

Part 5

Pictures taken by myself 09/09/09 in period approx 1330 - 1615, taking views prior to the arrival, cyclists arriving in area of Sandhill and Dean St etc

Dean St down to the Quayside and along towards the Courts at Broad Chare, end of barriers, approx 1405 - 1415

More on following post

KEN

·
Registered
20,504 Posts
3rd stage of the Tour of Britain 2019 cycling race into Newcastle - pictures 09/09/19 Part 6

Part 6

500m to go

From position opposite Phoenix House, approx 500m to go, views in period approx 1445 - 1550, just before arrival of the cyclists

This one of a few runs by cyclist and tv car which led to a short insert at approx 2045 in the highlights programme, shown ITV4, giving indication of road surface, incline of Dean St/ Grey St etc

These 3 Not part of the race

Just ahead of the race

More on following post

KEN

·
Registered
20,504 Posts
3rd stage of the Tour of Britain 2019 cycling race into Newcastle - pictures 09/09/19 Part 7

Part 7

Arrival of cyclists with lead car, approx 500m to go, time approx 1548

More on following post

KEN

·
Registered
20,504 Posts
3rd stage of the Tour of Britain 2019 cycling race into Newcastle - pictures 09/09/19 Part 8

Part 8

Still at approx 1548

More on following post

KEN

·
Registered
20,504 Posts
3rd stage of the Tour of Britain 2019 cycling race into Newcastle - pictures 09/09/19 Part 9

Part 9

Still at approx 1548

Approx 1549

More on following post

KEN

·
Registered
20,504 Posts
3rd stage of the Tour of Britain 2019 cycling race into Newcastle - pictures 09/09/19 Part 10

Part 10

Still at approx 1549, isolated riders off the back of the main peloton, camera motor cycles and more team cars

More on following post

KEN

·
Registered
20,504 Posts
3rd stage of the Tour of Britain 2019 cycling race into Newcastle - pictures 09/09/19 Part 11

Part 11

Approx 1550

Foot of Dean St, approx 1552

On way up Dean St, approx 1552

Approx 1553 further up Dean St

More on following post

KEN

·
Registered
20,504 Posts
3rd stage of the Tour of Britain 2019 cycling race into Newcastle - pictures 09/09/19 Part 12 of 12

Part 12 of 12

Climb up Dean St, approx 1553

View up Grey St, approx 1556

Replay of final sprint to finishing line on big screen on Grey St, approx 1558

View down a busy Grey St, approx 1559

Beyond the finish line, Grey St, approx 1605

The winners podium at Greys Monument, approx 1606 just in time to catch last of awards

BBC and ITV vans at Greys Monument, approx 1610

KEN

·
Registered
183 Posts
Tour of Britain 2019 - Stage 4 - Gateshead to Kendal

Photos from the start of Stage 4 of the 2019 Tour of Britain on the Gateshead Quayside.

Photos hosted on imgur

·
Registered
20,504 Posts
Blue Reef Aquarium, Grand Parade, Tynemouth, extension aquarium cafe and provision of a new entrance porch - Pictures 13/09/19

Last covered on this thread on post #901 on 29/06/19

On North Tyneside Council Planning Portal the planning application for works at Blue Reef Aquarium, Grand Parade, Tynemouth

EXTRACT

18/01597/FUL

From North Tyneside Planning Portal:-

Single storey extension on south east facade of building to accommodate the aquarium cafe and provision of a new entrance porch on north east facade of building

Blue Reef Aquarium Grand Parade Tynemouth Tyne And Wear NE30 4J

Decision - Application Permitted

Decision Issued Date - Fri 01 Feb 2019

https://idoxpublicaccess.northtyneside.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=PIAJ19BHG0Q00&activeTab=summary

Pictures by myself from Friday 13/09/19 approx 1715 (close up) & 1745 (on metro) showing works including extension on south east facade of Blue Reef Aquarium Grand Parade Tynemouth

Through glass of metro train heading from Cullercoats to Tynemouth

KEN

·
Registered
20,504 Posts
Notice about 2019 Firework Display at Saltwell Park, Gateshead - information & pictures 26/10/19

Pictures by myself from Saturday 26/10/19 approx 1130 of the on display Notice about Firework Display at Saltwell Park, Gateshead to be held Saturday 02 November 2019

Chronicle Live website article from 04/10/19

EXTRACT

Date of Saltwell Park fireworks is revealed and here are the ticket details for Gateshead's huge event

Metro Radio is promising an even bigger and better display for 2019 at Saltwell Park and here's our guide to what to expect

This year's event will be Saturday, November 2 and will feature a bonfire and huge fireworks display as well as live music from some as-yet unnamed North East talent.

The big screen, children's fairground and MetroGnomes from last year will be back too.

Full article on https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/whats-on/family-kids-news/saltwell-park-fireworks-gateshead-wristbands-12052234

KEN

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Adventure Cinema Ltd. film showing in Saltwell Park licence application

I noticed this licence application Gateshead MBC "Current Licensing Applications" website today:

Adventure Cinema Licence by alfred stone, on Flickr

I found more details on the Adventure Cinema website:

Adventure Cinema Ltd film show by alfred stone, on Flickr

The website is here:

https://www.adventurecinema.co.uk/venues/saltwell-park

Other local venues are Alnwick Castle and Hexham Racecourse.

Also on Open Spaces thread.

·
Super Moderator
22,097 Posts
Newcastle Eagles WIN the BBL Trophy for a 7th time
Newcastle Evening Chronicle, 16th March 2020

Below is a photograph of the Back Page of todays CHRONICLE, which is quite unusual as it is all about Newcastle Eagles rather than Newcastle United.

I know they got the actual back page purely because Premier League Football has been cancelled due to the Coronavirus . . but it still makes a nice change !

·
Registered
98 Posts
I see a planned golf project at Wallsend Golf Club that has been denied its application. Any thoughts at it being built elsewhere? Maybe Newcastle Golf Course or Gateshead seems like a great idea. Would include an academy 2 tier driving range bars etc...

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
That driving range is facing the wrong way. The sun beams down onto you directly making it a bit sweaty int he warm weather and when you hit the ball, at times, it's hard to see where it's gone as you're blinded. Although I'd be happy for the improvements as it's not too shabby of a course.

Edit: Just read the article and they're moving the driving range, which means they're completely revamping the course, wow.

·
Registered
20,504 Posts
Wet n Wild waterpark in North Shields bought for £3.2m - but owners say future is still 'under review'

Chronicle Live website article from 11/08/20

EXTRACT

Wet n Wild in North Shields bought for £3.2m - but owners say future is still 'under review'

Serco Leisure has bought the waterpark near Royal Quays after leasing it for the last six years, giving hopes it could be revived

The firm said it was reviewing plans for the future of the site – and remarkably says that position has not changed, despite carrying out a multimillion-pound deal to buy the site from its landlords.

However, the sizeable investment in the property suggests Serco Leisure will be working up plans for the site in a bid to draw in more customers, especially as the UK staycation market is expected to boom for the foreseeable future.

Full article on Wet n Wild bought for £3.2m - but owners say future is still 'under review'

Another Chronicle Live website article also from 11/08/200

EXTRACT

As Wet 'n' Wild is bought for £3.2m - we take a look at your memories over the years

Following the announcement that Wet 'n' Wild has been bought, we take a walk down memory lane

Full article on As Wet 'n' Wild is bought for £3.2m - we take a look at your favourite memories

KEN

·
Registered
20,504 Posts
Popular The Bowl, Westgate Rd, Newcastle bowling alley closes for good amid coronavirus losses

MFA Bowling Alley, Westgate Road

The Bowling Alley on Westgate Road has closed and according to the new Newcastle Bowling Centre FaceBook Page @ https://www.facebook.com/newcastlebowling/

Historically the building was opened as the Brighton Assembly Hall on 2nd November 1911 which could seat 800 guests. A nine table billiard hall was added 4 April 1912.

Architects were Marshall and Tweedy with building work by James McEwen.

Converted into a cinema The Brighton Electric Theatre it opened 10th July 1911 and had a capacity of 1,099.

Closing as a cinema on 20th April 1963 it was converted into a bowling alley, opening in November of that year.

(Source: Frnk Manders "Cinemas of Newcastle")

These photographs of the builkding taken 25th November 2017:

© MFA Bowling Alley, Westgate Road
Another "closing down" of the bowling alley on Westgate Rd, Newcastle, following above closure in 2018

Chronicle Live website article from 20/08/20

EXTRACT

Popular Newcastle bowling alley closes for good amid coronavirus losses

The Bowl Newcastle on Westgate Road had been open less than a year when the pandemic struck - but there are hopes someone else will now reopen it

They had been keen to keep the sporting history going at the alley, which had been welcoming bowlers to the 16-lane venue since 1963, and they invested their own money to relaunch as The Bowl Newcastle.

Now, however, the directors have been forced to place the business, TBNE Leisure Ltd, into liquidation, after seeing its income vanish in an instant through the introduction of lockdown measures in March.

Full article on Popular Newcastle bowling alley closes for good

KEN

941 - 960 of 960 Posts