SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Registered Usurper
7,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Salut les gars,

Nous avons un fil en fil international d'architecture pour Neo architecture historique, ou de nouveaux bâtiments construits dans un style traditionnel avec la même fidélité de l'artisanat que les bâtiments historiques.

Nous avons de nombreux exemples de bâtiments de partout dans le monde, mais nous manquons de respect de l'architecture marocaine. Pourriez-vous nous aider en donnant des exemples de nouveaux bâtiments traditionnels marocains?

Nous apprécierions vraiment que l'architecture marocaine est parmi les plus exquis et fleuri dans le monde entier.

Voici notre fil:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1022349

S'il vous plaît contribuer si vous le pouvez.

Merci

Hi Guys,

We have a thread in international architecture thread for Neo Historic Architecture, or new buildings built in a traditional style with the same fidelity of craftsmanship as historic buildings.

We have numerous examples of buildings from all over the world but are lacking with respect to Moroccan architecture. Could you help us out by giving examples of new traditional Moroccan buildings?

We would really appreciate it as Moroccan architecture is some of the most exquisite and ornate the world over.

Here is our thread:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1022349

Please contribute if you can.

Thanks

·
10,626 Posts
I didn't want to post here, i'd have posted the two example (Moroccan pavillon of singapore & the riad of Asilah) directly in the other thread.

·
Registered
7,011 Posts
I think the 2 threads are complementary.
But I don't know wether it should be deplaced or not in the Moorish.

Regardinds new buildings built with traditional moroccan architecture, I have noticed few ones in Rabat:

- Constitutional Court, Bab Laalou
- Dar Al hadith Al Hassania, Hay Ryad
- Emaar HQ, Hay al Fath, route côtière
- A building close to Magic Park and to the new My Youssef bridge
- You also have many palaces of some princes of the Gulf (eg: in front of Mega Mall) which are not public buildings but have interesting architecture

I have heard that city of Rabat, crippled with debts plans to build a new towm hall.
Why don't they build something traditional (like the new Modern Art Museum) instead of these so common new glassy public buildings that popped up in Hay Ryad?

·
LIBERTINED
46,540 Posts
You want to build a traditional house?

This material overview is of great help -
while of course local materials have to be considered, as well as weather conditions:

Source / image link

Cities and houses are made by the people. And where they build, they should consider going vernacular/traditional,
to get something that is sustainable, eco-friendly, valuable, affordable, beautiful, livable and eternal.

·
LIBERTINED
46,540 Posts
Agree with this - we need to stop levelling and uglyfying our cities
with bland uniform globalist-modernist architecture, that looks the same everywhere:
Most of the world's cities are not protecting anything. In fact, most of the world is going to look pretty much the same within some decades:

India, Asia:

China, Asia:

Brazil, South America:

Canada, North America:

Kenya, Africa:

Australia, Oceania:

UK, Europe:

Hell to modernism. I'll go for this all the time:

Think about it:

It's not about praising traditional architecture,
it is about living and continuing it for our own well-being. :)

With New Classical Architecture.

·
LIBERTINED
46,540 Posts
Classical is the base we build upon.
Something to contemplate for once. Just breathe it in.

"The symbolic hard currency of architecture is classical,...
It's gold in the bank. The other stuff is leveraged buy-outs and soybean futures."

- Jaquelin T. Robertson

“The thing of first importance in architecture is beauty.”
- Zivkovich-Connolly

Buildings of 10 years of Driehaus Prize winners arranged in one picture, painted 2013.
Oil on canvas by Carl Laubin. Source.

Architects, elevate our architecture further.
But always be aware where we come from and what makes a place a good place to live and stay around!

·
LIBERTINED
46,540 Posts
Indeed, but the great thing about it is: It's all buildings from the 21st century! :)

It's called New Classical Architecture. And the oil painting was created for the 10 year anniversary celebration of the renowned Driehaus Architecture Prize.

Check some of these architects work yourself:
*Quinlan Terry
*Robert Stern
*Michael Graves
*Demetri Porphyrios
*Other New Classical architects (well, dozens of that I collected ;))

I'd love to add someone from Morocco to this architects list!
Do you know anyone?

·
10,626 Posts
Indeed, but the great thing about it is: It's all buildings from the 21st century! :)

It's called New Classical Architecture. And the oil painting was created for the 10 year anniversary celebration of the renowned Driehaus Architecture Prize.

Check some of these architects work yourself:
*Quinlan Terry
*Robert Stern
*Michael Graves
*Demetri Porphyrios
*Other New Classical architects (well, dozens of that I collected ;))
Thanks for the info and also for adding infos in Wiki !

I'd love to add someone from Morocco to this architects list!
Do you know anyone?
I know one, a Moroccan architect that i appreciate his work, Youssef Melehi .

Some of his traditional realisations :

Kasbah Tamadot - Marrakech

Houses of Assilah

Amush

·
LIBERTINED
46,540 Posts
Thanks a lot for sharing! Added him. :)

Any more? I'm sure the rather touristic places go for "traditional" designs more often - like Fes, Rabat, Marrakesh, Tangier, Safi etc.

·
10,626 Posts
Thanks a lot for sharing! Added him. :)

Any more? I'm sure the rather touristic places go for "traditional" designs more often - like Fes, Rabat, Marrakesh, Tangier, Safi etc.
Indeed, there are plenty of newly built traditional projects in those cities and also in other regions, the problem is that it's difficult to find their architect or more informations about them.

Here's another moroccan architect that it specialized in traditional berber architecture of Morocco, Salima Naji

One of her realisations :

Ksar Akkal

Source

1 - 20 of 190 Posts