SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
N1 & N2 are now sold-out. Cityplace's newest phase will launch to real estate insiders in early June.

The project will be 19 storeys. No renderings but judging from the floor plans, it looks rather slab like.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
N1 AND N2???
2 towers? I thought it was West One and N1 only, + the Gallery.

I take it that Neo will be sort of like the Gallery and the 'loft' part of HVE.

·
Torontonian 4ever
9,891 Posts
19 storeys? *sigh* I knew these tall cityplace towers were bound to shrink suddenly.:( Hopefully the rest of the projects have something big in mind.
Btw why is concord adex naming their condos after the Matrix - I mean we have Matrix itself, now Neo, what's next Trinity, Oracle, Smith?:D

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Are Be said:
N1 AND N2???
2 towers? I thought it was West One and N1 only, + the Gallery.

I take it that Neo will be sort of like the Gallery and the 'loft' part of HVE.
N1 and n2 are the same building, they just named it differently because they sold them in different phases.

I'm kind of disappointed that this is only going to be 19 storeys. If this was gonna be built in a tiny site in downtown, I'd be happy but I seem to have higher standards for buildings on the waterfront. I hope they make this building special with only 19 storeys though.

·
partybits
1,451 Posts
I'm surprised only 19 stories. You would think that they would have the towers closest to Spadina the tallest and scale back heading westwards.

Also, the N1/N2 is confusing me as well. Cityplace website shows that they are in the exact same location, but clearly mark them as different condos. Is N2 simply attached to N1, maybe shorter in height, or mor of a loft?

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
I think they are just doing the opposite of what they were doing before...sell the small building phase first, then the tall tower(s). That site has a tall tower, about the size of HVE and West One/N. Since it's in the middle (and directly across from Signature), I would have thought maybe the 2nd tallest tower of Cityplace would be located there.

KGB

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
partybits said:
I'm surprised only 19 stories. You would think that they would have the towers closest to Spadina the tallest and scale back heading westwards.

Also, the N1/N2 is confusing me as well. Cityplace website shows that they are in the exact same location, but clearly mark them as different condos. Is N2 simply attached to N1, maybe shorter in height, or mor of a loft?
Hehe...everyone seems to get confused by N1/N2 even emporis lists them as two different towers. :)
I'm sure you've seen the render of N1/N2 right? They show the building in two toned glass. The top portion in darker glass and lower in light glass (or vice-versa). One half is N1 and the other is N2. They sold the tower in two phases. I hope that clears things up.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
KGB said:
I think they are just doing the opposite of what they were doing before...sell the small building phase first, then the tall tower(s). That site has a tall tower, about the size of HVE and West One/N. Since it's in the middle (and directly across from Signature), I would have thought maybe the 2nd tallest tower of Cityplace would be located there.

KGB
Well the towers in the west side of Cityplace all seem to be part of a block , which each block I'm guessing has two towers and smaller loft/podium buildings. Judging from the new Cityplace drawings, I'm guessing that the tallest in the west side will probabaly be in the 45 range and everything else will be shorter.

·
partybits
1,451 Posts
"Hehe...everyone seems to get confused by N1/N2 even emporis lists them as two different towers.
I'm sure you've seen the render of N1/N2 right? They show the building in two toned glass. The top portion in darker glass and lower in light glass (or vice-versa). One half is N1 and the other is N2. They sold the tower in two phases. I hope that clears things up."
LOL, well the clears things up, thanks.
From now on I'm simply calling the building "N"

·
The Greatest
4,515 Posts
The Building = Tower N
Phase 1 (lower half) = N1
Phase 2 (upper half) = N2

I agree with AreBe, KGB - It seems to be only the podium structure of a much taller point tower (someone (MikeinTO?) a while ago posted it as being ~46 storeys)

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Looks like this block will have two tall point towers, the obligatory "mega" amenties centre, low-rise "loft-style" building(s), and some retail filler.

In the case of the west side of Spadina, it looks like the retail streetwalls are much larger than what we have seen east of Spadina. I hope this turns out to be a good thing.

KGB

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Couple items of note:

- Suites start on the second floor - meaning ground floor retail. Hopefully the tower is set back a bit from the sidewalk to offset wind shear.
- If "N" is any indication, the suites to the 19th floor could be the first block of sales in a taller tower - so don't assume it's only 19 storeys.
- Is it wise to build a slab (even at 19 storeys) oriented to block views from their premiere building (Signature)? Certainly a change in massing though.
- Interesting floor plan. Little wasted space, little storage space though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
NEO

HYDE PARK GROUP'S Clients Recently Purchased Over 12% of CityPlace's N1 Tower. Our Clients Purchased Approx. 1-Month Prior To The "General Public" & Saved $20,000 to $40,000+ Within 1 Month. We Negotiated The Lowest Prices For Our Clients And Achieved Amazing Success Within A 1-Month Period!

HYDE PARK GROUP HAS DONE IT AGAIN. OUR CLIENTS WILL BENEFIT SIGNIFICANTLY FROM OUR CONSORTIUM NEGOTIATIONS....TAKE A LOOK AT THE R.O.I. AT CITYPLACE "N" TOWER WITHIN A 1- MONTH PERIOD.

CALL/EMAIL TODAY TO BE PLACED ON OUR PRIORITY VIP LIST. WE WILL TAKE RESERVATIONS FOR SUITES FROM MAY 20-27, 2005.

ONE DAY ONLY TO PURCHASE ON JUNE 3, 2005 -- RESERVATION DEADLINE MAY 30, 2005
HYDE PARK GROUP Clients Receive:
Cash Discounts OFF List Prices
Flexible Down Payment Structure
Flip / Re-Sell Permission
Reduced Closing Costs
Free PLASMA TV or $3,000 CASH or $3,500 Vacation or $4,000 Cruise
Reduced Property Management Service Fees Upon Closing
"The Best Prices in Toronto" start from:

1-Bedroom's from $139,900
1-Bed+Dens from $159,900
2-Bedroom's from $209,900
2-Bed+Dens from $249,900
These Condo's Are LOADED with Best of Everything! These Prices Will Increase Significantly For The General Public Opening. Standard Features at Neo include: Hardwood Floors, Frosted Glass Sliding Doors, Granite Kitchen Counters, Stainless Steel Backsplash, Designer Corean Bathroom Features, Trendy Frosted Glass Cabinetry, HUGE Balconies.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Woah - times must tough for Concord - not only are they advertising and selling the CityPlace units in Vancouver, but they're negotiating their selling prices.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
"Woah - times must tough for Concord"

Well, while the condo market in Toronto is highly competative, i'd hardly call Cityplace suffering from lack of sales.

KGB

·
Registered
378 Posts
My understanding from somewhat dated information (a couple of months old) is that this block of Cityplace will have a high rise around 46-48 floors (give or take a couple depending on the market) and a midrise building.

Neo seems to fit the midrise component of this project and despite what the naysayers have stated that we need more tall towers, I think it's about time that Concord does a couple of midrises. This is the first Cityplace midrise and it would be good to have some differentiation in this new community rather than just tall thin point towers on short podiums. This will fit in well with the HVE Loft building and the Gallery and give Spadina a good hard urban edge - these low laying structures often appear much more solid and urban than tall thin point towers set back from the street. This could add some more real meat to Spadina and diversity to Cityplace, especially if done in brick rather than more glass.

Also if it's just 19 stories rather than blocking the views from Signature, it will preserve a great view corridor for all the Signature suites above the 22nd or 23rd floor (depending on how tall the mechanical space is).

I also had the understanding that the retail would include a large grocery store at the corner of Spadina and Bremner. This would not be a mini Raba Marche type store, but a full out large scale grocery store. Cityplace will have reached a level of critical mass at that point where retail will be much more viable and the grocery store will attract a lot more foot traffic and liven up the area. Also once the four corners of Cityplace's main interesction of Bremner and Spadina are filled in the area should start to resemble an actual Toronto neighbourhood rather than a windswept construction zone.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Matrix? Neo? ... haha kewl

1 - 20 of 25 Posts