Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
7,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have we got any other NFL fans here?

Training camp starts in a month and the First preseason games kick off in just over a month, so not long now.

·
Train Spotter
213 Posts
I started a thread last year but not one comment lol

Don't think Seattle go back to back although it happened as recently as 2003-04 with the Patriots. They'll be up there again this season and are kinda like Geelong or Sydney in that they never bottom out.

·
7,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you? I don't remember seeing it. I started one of the year before too, and it was pretty silent.

Pats will make playoffs again for sure. With Belichick and Brady, they're always in with a shot, plus they've massively strengthened their secondary this offseason.

Seashawks and 49ers will both be strong again. Hopefully the Packers get back on their game this year...it's good seeing Rodgers play well.

·
Train Spotter
213 Posts
Nope just channel 7 although ESPN will be running Thursday night, SNF and MNF along with a few earlier Sunday games. It's clear that Rupert wants more people to sign up to foxtel rather than watch nfl free to air.

·
Train Spotter
213 Posts
BUMP

We get three FTA games on Monday morning out time which will include SNF. We also get the season opener between the packers and Seahawks along with the thanksgiving triple header. I'm jumping outta my skin for it to start. I've taken a bath in AFL punting.

·
7,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did 7mate but the rights to the NFL this season? I heard OneHD are no longer showing it.

Either way, if you're an NFL in Australia, you should seriously consider investing in a NFL Gamepass subscription. Every game live, HD, on demand, plus other shows, 4 games at once, past 5yrs of games etc etc. It's brilliant. $200 for a year.

·
Train Spotter
213 Posts
Yep 7Mate got the rights.

Pre Season kicked off with the bills and giants the other day with the giants winning 17-13. A good start to the football season for me with my under 36.5 bet getting up.

I considered a pass before settling on getting foxtel. There are only so many games you can follow simultaneously. Sunday afternoon football ain't gonna be easy for us over in Aus. Bring on daylight saving. A 2 hour swing really. Terrible for EPL however.

·
7,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Crazy choice, Gamepass blows Foxtel out of the water, and is cheaper. All on demand as well.

What are the current odds on a Superbowl winner for this year?

·
Train Spotter
213 Posts
What a sensational Sunday afternoon of football. So many thrilling finishes and upsets. My type of day. Bills, Falcons, Dolphins gave me a dream start. The titans, and Vikings also pulling off some upsets. Looks like the cowboys are gonna suck this year if we didn't already know that before today. As for Joe Flacco; how he won a superbowl I'll never know. He just stunk it up with intercepts and sacked multiple times.

·
Train Spotter
213 Posts
Two months since the last post in here and it's always good looking back. The cardinals Re in the box seat whereas some of the early front runners like the cowboys and lions may be very unlucky even with a winning record considering at least one garbage team from the NFC South falls into the playoffs. Here are my predicted rankings for the playoffs.

NFC

Cardinals
Eagles
Packers
Falcons
49ers
Seahawks

AFC

Patriots
Broncos
Bengals
Colts
Chiefs
Ravens

Check out those potential wild card games in the AFC. Makes me wanna jizz at the prospect. A wildcard rematch and a division rivalry. One thing is certain, an AFC north team is taking a wild card spot. I just hope they fall into the right position to verse eachother.

·
Train Spotter
213 Posts
Ha. Although they have an extremely tough game at Lambeau. Would be amazing if they won.
I think they have a great chance of winning straight up. Aron Rodgers has a tear in his calf and that cold won't help. I've got money on the Dallas handicap. The nfl would love the cowboys to advance. You only have to look at the events that screwed the lions last week.

Every playoff series there are unforseeable upsets. I expect two underdogs to win straight up. Last year was as predictable as it gets . Vegas wasn't built by giving away free money to Joe public.

Colts and cowboys are my upsets. Wouldn't even be surprised if Seattle lost. I like the patriots to get revenge on the ravens.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts