SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Live and Let Live
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgive them for only polling people in this country. I'll be sure to send them a stern e-mail to rebuke them for the agregious error theyve made...how dare they! :runaway:

LOL

·
Live and Let Live
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I had to guess, Id say the Packers. They have a lot of fans out west from what Ive seen around here...not sure

The 49ers claim The Bay Area, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City and Fresno...Five Metros with over 1 Millon people....not to mention Bakersfield, Reno, Santa Barbara and significant portions of Los Angeles.

The Raiders are more popular outside The Bay Area then within-strange but true.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Man, the poor Jaguars have nobody.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Really cool maps. The only parts I might disagree with would be Florida and Georgia on the NCAA map. There's wayyy too many people voting for the Hurricanes. As far as I've heard from Florida natives, you're either a Gator fan or a Seminole fan unless you're living right around Miami. As for Georgia, they got it wayyyyy off. In this map, they have Georgia Tech being TWICE as popular as the Bulldogs! Whatt whattt whattttt?! Haha, sorry for my enthusiasm, but 90% of Georgia is Bulldog country. My roommate is from Georgia and he was shocked when I showed him the map, the only thing he said was "that's impossible".

The maps are really cool though, how about my Clemson Tigers! We got control of South Carolina, and leak into pieces of Georgia and North Carolina. Football season's gonna be here before we know it, I can't wait!!

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I don't care either way about the Clemson-USC rivalry, but one of my favorite quotes from the Simpsons:

Lisa: No! I belong here!
Homer: Sweetey, we can't afford it now, but I promise that I'll send you to the best college there is.
Lisa: Really?
Homer: In South Carolina.
Lisa: I will not be a Gamecock!
Homer: You will, too! (as he pulls Lisa from the gate) Go, Gamecocks!

·
18,801 Posts
ReddAlert said:
yeah, I would have to agree with bayarea and say those green specks are Packer fans. They got a pretty nice following around the country--and even fans in other countries.
or they could be broncos fans.

in reality, those specks are just one or two people voting in an area where absolutely no one else has voted so far. the bigger blobs pretty much tell the story.

·
Texas-NoVA
2,265 Posts
RP1 said:
Why would anyone like the Cowboys? They suck. :down:

Wrong question. The question should be, Why would anyone hate the Cowboys? I love being a Cowboy fan, though. Because teams that really do not have that much history against us still hates the Cowboys. Just like the Yankees to MLB and the Lakers to the NBA.

·
1981 Civic
2,911 Posts
Outside of Indiana, it looks like there are a couple of areas down south that follow the Colts (although not 100% sure). :) Upon further inspection I've also found that two teams can share a color, like KC-Buffalo and Indy-Baltimore-SF (which I find to be very confusing).

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
You also have to remember that this poll is highly unscientific and the sample is extremely small. If they drew from a larger and more precise sample, the map could change dramatically.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
TexasBoi said:
Wrong question. The question should be, Why would anyone hate the Cowboys? I love being a Cowboy fan, though. Because teams that really do not have that much history against us still hates the Cowboys. Just like the Yankees to MLB and the Lakers to the NBA.
Well the Bears have a very rich history, so I don't fall into that catagory. No offense really, any team that isn't the Bears (especially the Packers), sucks. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
wtf, why is east michigan all the way over in montana?!!? is that a school over there? that is quite random. but for the original question, "areas of influence"... go to green bay.. everything is green and gold..even the kohls dep store! And why is there a dot of bear fans within like 200 miles of green bay in the shawano area...no. i know in west wisconsin there is a large population of viking fans also.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.