SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Ngurah Rai International Airport (Bali) | DPS

97648 Views 156 Replies 48 Participants Last post by  aeronusantara
Saturday July 16, 2011​

NGURAH RAI Int'l airport, Bali island
managed by ANGKASA PURA I

IATA : DPS | ICAO : WADD

It's located in the famous tourist spot, Bali island-Indonesia. As an one of gateway in the country, Ngurah Rai needs to improve its capacity, immediately !

The airport terminals are designed with only 9.5 million per year, but in fact it serves by 11 million till last year :nuts::nuts:

By COLLIN PARKER (from JetPhotos)

Several international carriers @ DPS ; Singapore Airlines, Qatar Airways, Thai Airways, Cathay Pacific, Malaysian Airlines, Korean Air, KLM Asia, China Airlines, EVA Air, China Eastern Airlines, Hongkong Airlines, Thai Airasia, Malaysia Airasia, Pacific Blue Airlines, Shanghai Airlines, Shenzen Airlines, Skywest, Jetstar Airways, Jetstar Asia/ValuAir, Strategic Airlines, Uni Air, and Transaero

And several domestic carriers @ DPS ; Garuda Indonesia, Merpati Airlines, Lion Airlines, Batavia Air, Indonesia Airasia, Citilink, IAT(Indonesia Air Transport), Sriwijaya Air, and Wings Air.

Some pics of Ngurah Rai Int'l airport :

Pics of the airport taken on my visit 27-29 March 2009. :cheers:

Cargo Terminal

Fire & Rescue Station

Balinese Gapura (Gateway)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

credit to efendy(Divisi Forum)
maaf gambar pesawatnya kecil-kecil karena cuma pake kamera ikan asin :D

An ugly domestic terminal of Ngurah Rai airport :eek:hno::eek:hno:

ada beberapa gambar Ngurah Rai kemaren nih..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
61 - 80 of 157 Posts
Impressive stuff, looking forward to the final product!
Although I'm still not sure whether this project will be an effective long-term solution - the airport itself is projected to reach its max capacity by only 2017.
Nevertheless, DPS has always been overdue for an expansion, although I would've preferred the new airport option outside of Denpasar.
DPS will even with the new terminal renovation and expansion reach their max capacity within 4 years...especially with the ASEAN free zone and stuff and the middle class in uprising and the growing micro economy.... But they are planning to construct an airport in the northern side of bali! So it will be better to divide the flow of passengers. However i've got my doubts if people are willing to go to the northern airport. They can make it better like an regional airport with an runway of max. 1600M, suitable for atr's and other small planes (less than 80 pax)

If they want to utilise the maximum of DPS airport, they should extend the runway to 3600M and connect the airport with an MRT/monorail/tram to reduce the worsening traffic jams and connect it to DPS/kuta/legian. I can tell you as a half foreigner that tourists want no stress and a lot of conform and they are willing to pay a bit more if they can reach their destination very quickly without sitting in a cab for 30-45 minutes. It will attract more tourists and it will give a lot of benefit to the local people as well!
^^ The government plans to build railway connecting Ngurah Rai Airport, Kuta, Sanur, and Denpasar.

January 6th, 2013 update:

all photos by wibisanasalam
January 16th, 2013 update:

all photos by gantengscool

all photos by sungeb
04 February 2013
Source: Investor Daily

Ngurah Rai Airport Development Completed in June

Investor Daily, 2 February, 2013, Page 8, Section: Business
Author not mentioned

DENPASAR – State-Owned Enterprises (BUMN) Minister, Dahlan Iskan, has expressed his optimism that the building of a [new] international terminal in Ngurah Rai Bali, along with all its infrastructures, can finish in this coming June. Currently, the airport expansion process has reached 55 percent completion.

"This three-story terminal building has reached 55 percent [completion]. The target is to have it completed in June, in principle before the APEC meeting in Bali,” said Dahlan when inspecting the airport construction site, in Denpasar, Bali, on Friday (1 February).

Read more: http://www.indii.co.id/news_daily_detail.php?id=5686
Image Source: http://www.aph.co.id/v01/hotel_ud.html

Image Source: http://www.aph.co.id/v01/hotel_ud.html

Airport Hotel
Promenade Bali
• 194 rooms
• Ballroom
• Meeting rooms & business center
• Lounges, Bar & Restaurant
• Swimming Pool
• Fitness Center & Spa
• Free Wi-Fi

Source: http://www.aph.co.id/v01/hotel_ud.html
from google earth update, tourist won't complain about our airport now :D have fun in Bali!
Looking great! Next time I come it will be finished! :D
Reactions: kevo123
i'll post some of the finished interior!
Temporary Domestic Terminal

Travelator nya blom berfungsi :bash:
Reactions: Wezza
Wow! I didn't even realise parts of the new terminal were open yet! Can't wait to see it completed. :D
The 12.7 km toll bridge seen below that connects Benoa Harbour to the Airport and then continues to the Nusa Dua Resort area is now close to completion and is expected to be operational in a month time. This will ease the congestion at and around the airport.

Photo is credited to Detik.com

If they want to utilise the maximum of DPS airport, they should extend the runway to 3600M and connect the airport with an MRT/monorail/tram to reduce the worsening traffic jams and connect it to DPS/kuta/legian. I can tell you as a half foreigner that tourists want no stress and a lot of conform and they are willing to pay a bit more if they can reach their destination very quickly without sitting in a cab for 30-45 minutes. It will attract more tourists and it will give a lot of benefit to the local people as well!
Reactions: ErwinFCG
Ngurah Rai International Airport; my pics

^^ You traveled to Bali?
I have visited Bali Island in 2009 and 2012.
Reactions: Ocean One
That's nice, wish u have a nice time when u in Bali.. :)

Ur pics showing that the new terminal still not start to built, so maybe u should come again next time, at least at the end of this year when the new terminal has open.. :eek:kay: :cheers:
^^ I saw the crane(s) in early 2012.
Maybe I'll come to Bali in 2014. ;)
the progress

Tak bantu ya :)

Thanks bro :eek:kay:
New update google earth:)

UPDATEEE:banana::banana::banana:
New Ngurai Rai Airport 25.08.13 - UC

[/URL]
The new terminal is still unfinished, so please apologize us if still many shortcoming in new terminal:cheers:
(sorry for my bad english)
STILL UPDATEEEE:banana::banana::banana:

BONUS:D
Foto2 Sebelum Flight ke CGK

[/URL]
Reactions: Wezza
61 - 80 of 157 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.