SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NICE ONE BEETHAM

NICE ONE BEETHAM

Diffyusing the battle currently on hee now, by saying that ive just been watching the BBC News, and the new Beetham Tower in Manchetser is complete. LOOKS ON TOP, and really good, didnt like it at first becasue of the shape, but its brilliant, looks really nice, and is a credit.

Its sits perfectly visable from all or most Manchester streets!

The glass effect and unsual outspring shape looks great!

Well Done, Mancheter be proud of it! You like Liverpool are on its way to a New York and Fantastic Skyline bundle, i sat the other day on the way into Manchester and seen its High rise potentiol! Becasu of its cluster at the moment, the towers will make it a Dallas, or In land us city look, with the efffect of it being Manchester, As with Liverpool's Skyscrapers, and the New York Look. Beetham HQ Liverpool, has done pround with buildings the same size in Liverpool, Manchester, and London and Birmingham!

Manchester will exceed kmmore upwards and this the same on the other side of M62 in Liverpool..

Its gonna be graet with the following towers reforming the Northwest in both citys!

BEETHAM TOWER-------- Liverpool 30 FLOORS
BEETHAM DEANSGATE---- Manchester 47 FLOOS
BEETHAM WEST--------- Liverpool 42 FLOORS
EASTGATE-------------- Manchester 50+ FLOORS
CENTRAL TOWER-------- Liverpool 25+ FLOORS
ALEXANDER TOWER------ Liverpool 30+ FLOORS
UNITY------------------- Liverpool 25+ FLOORS
CITY TOWER------------- Manchester 350FT
CIS TOWER-------------- Manchester
RADIO CITY TOWER------ Liverpool 450FT
LIME STREET GATEWAY--- Liverpool
GRAND CENTRAL---------- Liverpool
BRUNSWICK TOWER------- Liverpool
KINGSDOCK TOWERS------ Liverpool
PSDA TOWERS------------ Liverpool

The lsit for both citys goes on and on... Both having the touching the sky's..

Were both going to be thrown into the future by 2010..

And we should lookm forward to it!

Once again well done to the Manchester City Centre, for getting a buetifull and landmark Skyscraper built!

(LIVERPOOL--MANCHESTER--BUILDERS OF UK)

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Liverpool, England.
12,587 Posts
I often drive into Manchester down the M602 and the new tower is the first thing that you see as you approach the city.

Its gained for Manchester the title of having the tallest building outside London, one that it seems will be exceeded shortly by the Eastgate tower.

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LIVERPOOL IN FACT WILL HAVE THE SECOND BIGGEST IN EUROPE SOON.. RUMOURS OF A ST PAULS SQ TOWER.. MASSIVLEY SAT BEYIND OUR BEETHAM WEST.. BEETHAM WEST IS ONLY 5 FLOORS LOWER THAN DEASNGATE MANCHESTER THOUGH

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
onix said:
yea it looks really good but unfortunaley for manchester, leeds is having a 52 story tower being built soon and will snatch the title away from them.
Eastgate ;)

·
The Wirral, Liverpool
300 Posts
When i'm driving home from sheffield, and as you drive down the windy road at the end of the snake pass, you can see manchesters beetham tower very clearly, and at some distance away.

·
^ Xbox GT: ^
2,379 Posts
scouserdave said:
From his CAPS LOCK KEYBOARD?
:hahaha: Welcome back.

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Manchester is the only English city which can look London in the face, not merely as a regional capital but as a rival version of how men should live in a community." - AJP Taylor

LOL, READ THIS ON THE MANCHETER BEETHAM THREAD

·
Banned
1,293 Posts
AMC LPOOL MANC said:
Manchester is the only English city which can look London in the face, not merely as a regional capital but as a rival version of how men should live in a community." - AJP Taylor

LOL, READ THIS ON THE MANCHETER BEETHAM THREAD
The small city of Manchester is capital of Greater Manchester - so true. What is so different about the Manchester community?

·
Banned
1,293 Posts
onix said:
yea it looks really good but unfortunaley for manchester, leeds is having a 52 story tower being built soon and will snatch the title away from them.
One of the best man made sights I have ever seen was flying into Miami at night. A crystal clear southern sky with all the tall buildings lit up. Magnificent indeed.

I drove around Miami and parts were just urban desert - very unattractive. Yet in this desert these tall towers grew out of the ground. Towers by themselves are meaningless.

·
Registered
817 Posts
It is indeed a very elegant tower, I prefer it to both of our Beetham's.

But, I wish people would stop comparing Liverpool/Manc. to New York all the time. Our skylines are nothing like New York and they never will be. Yes, both cities' skylines are growing, but they aren't going to rival somewhere like New York.

·
Cork 2005
2,223 Posts
i perosnally dont like it and thats not because its in manchester it jsut looks like a strong gust of wind will make it topple, too tall and thin kinnda like your lanky cousin who never got any girls because he was too lanky.

just my thoughts and what do i know?

·
Banned
1,293 Posts
Steve C said:
It is indeed a very elegant tower, I prefer it to both of our Beetham's.

But, I wish people would stop comparing Liverpool/Manc. to New York all the time. Our skylines are nothing like New York and they never will be. Yes, both cities' skylines are growing, but they aren't going to rival somewhere like New York.
Anyone who compares a British city with New York or Chicago is mad.

·
JDN21
1,440 Posts
John-MK said:
Anyone who compares a British city with New York or Chicago is mad.
I agree, though stylistically, alot of Liverpool buildings are very New York/Chicago-esque. Foolish to compare though when it comes to high rises.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts