SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is from Matt Barretts Athens guide web site. This is from an AMERICAN. If you are traveling here, it is a must to go through..... He fell in love with the city, and it certainly shows.

Please visit his site:

www.athensguide.com

And now, for some great pics of ATHENS:

·
The Jedi Will Rise Again
13,077 Posts
Impressive pictures. Sure this guy loves Athens... thanks for sharing Christo

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Matt lives no more than 30 miles from me, yet I have never met him in person. He has been promoting travelling to Greece like no other person I've known and he gives very good tips for making a visit to Greece a pleasant experience. When I used to work in Carrboro/Chapel Hill - where Matt lives - between 1996 and 1998, I remember seeing all those flyers posted everywhere and I wondered who that guy was :) Anyway, it is always nice to see his photos posted here.

By the way, I am pretty certain Matt is Greek-American. Just visit this link and read the title of the photo:

http://www.mattbarrett.net/photos/kp.html

·
Registered
52,552 Posts
belo, muito belo :) soberano direi eu, I can find words to describe this beautiful archeological place just tel me, these stones in front to partenon belong to Parthenon too?

·
Registered
346 Posts
My Acropolis photos

some pics I took of the acropolis- I know you've seen a million but I just thought some of you might appreciate the late afternoon light:

·
Registered
346 Posts
yeah, I usually go to the Acropolis later in the day when I'm in Athens- not only is the golden light of the late sun beautiful, but the crowds are a bit less. Last time there, I overheard some English tourists complain about the state of it's renovation and I got so furious I told them if the thieving English would give us back the Elgin Marbles it would be a great contribution.

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
MidtownGuy said:
yeah, I usually go to the Acropolis later in the day when I'm in Athens- not only is the golden light of the late sun beautiful, but the crowds are a bit less. Last time there, I overheard some English tourists complain about the state of it's renovation and I got so furious I told them if the thieving English would give us back the Elgin Marbles it would be a great contribution.
LOL. There faces would have been priceless I bet! Well done.
Once, I saw a british tourist take a shit on the middle of a road near olympia.
Some are just so menacing! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts