Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mind Reader
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post cities that have nice skylines but with ugly buildings.

My personal top 3:

Benidorm, Spain

Chongqing, China

Makati City, Metro Manila, the Philippines

·
world citizen
1,526 Posts
I think you can put Sao Paulo in this list..a lot of buildings but the majority are decadents from 70's, 80's. I'm not saying that the city don't hve nice buildings, such as the area where Microsoft, HP, Hilton are located but the true is that the huge majority are very boring :eek:hno:

The good ones:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Honestly, I think in most cases when cities boost a huge number of high-rises, the average/individual design quality is not too high. Among the few masterpieces in each skyline you can usually find large quantities of terribly bland, outdated or downright tacky designed buildings as well.

In my opinion, notable exceptions to this trend were early 20th century US cities.

·
"Hands of Stone"
3,633 Posts
Panama City - considered (by many) to be the premier skyline in all of Latin America - has been accused of having ugly buildings. The "uglyness" is mostly atributable to the vast number of highrise residential structures and condos along the waterfront that shroud the glass and steel towers in the core of the city.

·
"Hands of Stone"
3,633 Posts

·
"Hands of Stone"
3,633 Posts
THE MAGNIFICENT SE7EN

Below is a list of cities (off the top of my head) that due to an abundance of residential-type highrises (hotels, condos, etc.) are reputed to have visually stunnig skylines, but with - upon closer inspection - "ugly" structures.
  • Benidorm (Spa)
  • Caracas (Ven)
  • Gold Coast, Que (Aus)
  • Miami, Fla (USA)
  • Panama City (Pan)
  • São Paulo (Bra)
  • Vancouver, BC (Can)

·
Illuminati Leader
6,053 Posts
Any Chinese city minus Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, and Nanjing. Any Russian city minus Moscow. Baltimore, Dallas, Denver, Calgary (some of them), Miami, Miami Beach, Sunny Isles Beach, Aventura, Cape Coral, Tampa....Florida overall.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.