Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Hanging the boots up
9,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeye football from nigeria today, this team will not go no where during the cup of nations or world cup with these stupid players we have today.

The ghost of okocha, oliseh, siasia. uche okechukwu, finidi george, daniel amokachi, yekini are rolling right now in laughter

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Who cares about those players from the past

it pisses me off when people keep mentioning them

What exactly did they do?

2nd round at the World Cup.....Geesh!

·
Hanging the boots up
9,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who cares about those players from the past

it pisses me off when people keep mentioning them

What exactly did they do?

2nd round at the World Cup.....Geesh!
Yes 2nd round when was the last time nigeria made it out of the group stage?

Remember in 1994 we were 2mins away from the qtr finals.

Just pure luck!

Those team of the 90s made us proud even when they didn't advance further than the 2nd round!

Ranked 5th in the world in 1994, still the only african country to be ranked that high, that says alot about naija football back then.

These new guys have not done anything to make us proud, couldn't even qualify for this year's nations cup, and that horrible display at the world cup in south africa :cripes:

Hey plus nigeria was really good when they had alot of igbo players on their team :cheers:

·
I'm The King
6,724 Posts
Yes 2nd round when was the last time nigeria made it out of the group stage?

Remember in 1994 we were 2mins away from the qtr finals.

Just pure luck!

Those team of the 90s made us proud even when they didn't advance further than the 2nd round!

Ranked 5th in the world in 1994, still the only african country to be ranked that high, that says alot about naija football back then.

These new guys have not done anything to make us proud, couldn't even qualify for this year's nations cup, and that horrible display at the world cup in south africa :cripes:

Hey plus nigeria was really good when they had alot of igbo players on their team :cheers:
:lol::lol::lol:

We should have a Biafra National Team, like Catalonia.

·
Hanging the boots up
9,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't understand why Tbite is supporting mediocrity, its a shame really!

Supporting mediocrity doesnt equal patriotism it is foolishness.

·
P.E. Aubameyang
5,928 Posts
Naija really fell. Before when another African team played against Nigeria, all we were afraid. Because in this period, Naija was speed, technique, physics, courage and spirit of equips.
But today, nothing is more as before. sad.

·
Hanging the boots up
9,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Naija really fell. Before when another African team played against Nigeria, all we were afraid. Because in this period, Naija was speed, technique, physics, courage and spirit of equips.
But today, nothing is more as before. sad.
Not just african teams but teams all over the world. Brazil and argentina were afraid to face us back then.

Pele saw nigeria at the 1994 cup of nations and he declare an african nations would win the world cup i think before 2000. But nigeria just dipped from football after that.

A country of 160 million + cannot produce 22 solid footballers, its a shame really.

·
Solid As A Rock
6,409 Posts
Nigeria should have spanked rwanda 7-0. But its a win and a ticket to the next round. I wonder who they will play

·
Hanging the boots up
9,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nigeria should have spanked rwanda 7-0. But its a win and a ticket to the next round. I wonder who they will play
Pot 1 (if qualified)
Zambia (26 pts)
Ghana (22 pts)
Côte d'Ivoire (22 pts)
Egypt (21 pts)
Mali (12 pts)
Tunisia (10 pts)
Cameroon (9 pts)
Angola (9 pts)
Nigeria (8 pts)
Gabon (8 pts)
Sudan (7 pts)
Algeria (6 pts)
Equatorial Guinea (6 pts)
Guinea (5 pts)
Burkina Faso (5 pts)

These are teams we will not face because we are in pot 1.

But we might face morocco or senegal because they will be in pot 2.

Apart from that nigeria should get an easy draw.

·
Hanging the boots up
9,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Super Eagles Players Turn Focus on Zambia Clash
Time Posted: January 22, 2013 5:57 pm
679 views | 12 Comments | Email This Post | Print This Post |

Nigeria goalkeeper Vincent Eneyema says they won’t underrate Zambia.

And striker Ikechukwu Uche added that they we confident of getting a good result against Zambia.

Nigeria and Zambia clash in both sides’ penultimate Group C match each seeking their first three points to keep their 2013 dreams alive.

“We are not here to underrate any opponents I mean the Zambians are the defending champions,” Eneyema said in Nelspruit.

“We are going to take it like another game. Hopefully we will get a good result. We will seat back and watch the tape and see what we can learn from this particular tape.”

And Uche said he believed each game in Group C was crucial and equal in that respect.

“It is important but all the games are important,” Uche said.
“The group is open for everyone. The team is fighting hard to get to the next round.”

·
Hanging the boots up
9,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Keshi shifts focus to Zambia after Burkina Faso draw

The Super Eagles are going to put behind them the late draw against the Stallions on Monday night as they look ahead to an important encounter against the Chipolopolo
Jan 22, 2013 11:21:00 AM

By Lolade Adewuyi
More On : Nigeria, Stephen Okechukwu Keshi

Comments
Awesome

Dislike

Getty Images

Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi has put behind him Monday’s 1-1 draw against Burkina Faso in their opening Group C game of the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.

Substitute Alain Traore scored with the last kick of the game to peg back Nigeria’s first half lead through Emmanuel Emenike after defender Efe Ambrose had been sent off for a second yellow card.
Don't Miss
Match Report: Nigeria 1-1 Burkina Faso
Nigeria fans turn out to support the Eagles

A draw in itself was not so bad for a country that was returning to the Afcon after missing out on the last edition but the Super Eagles missed a couple of great chances to seal the game, something that would have put them in the driving seat in the group.

They now face a tricky tie against defending champions Zambia on Friday. The Chipolopolo also drew against a tough Ethiopian side that played with ten men.

"I am not going to let anything bring us down. I'm very proud of the boys, who did everything I wanted of them,” said Keshi after the game.

"This game is gone and the next game against Zambia is very, very important. I'll pick up the players and motivate them."

All the teams in Group C have one point apiece.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
I don't know what the result will be..but I can assure you that there is no way that any Zambian team can embarrass Nigeria.

·
Hanging the boots up
9,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Every nigerians on here need to deck their avatars in green white green colors......and show ur support for the eagles tomorrow

·
Registered
27,497 Posts
Support the Super Chicks :lol:

·
Registered
27,497 Posts
I don't support losers :colbert: which is why I don't even support the Carolina Panthers :lol:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts