SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 479 Posts

·
Banned
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas post pics of new nigerian artist.....i know some i will post them soon.

Hakon....can you possibly stick this thread?

·
Banned
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Starting with some nigerian classics

One of my fav rasta along with alpha blondy

majek - african unity

african queen - 2face

·
Registered
245 Posts
Nigerian music? My favourite :)

Big money, rich artist, expensive videos - from 2006 Nigerian Hip Hop industry became one of the biggest in the world.

This is something special in Africa. When you see Ikechukwu, or Naeto C(for example) music video, you really don't know where are they from. They look like rap stars in the United States. That's no joke. A lot of Nigerian rapers haven't a lot of african samples in their music. But we have a D'banj - "I'm D'banj or Ski D'Banj like my jamaican friends call me" :lol: Broken english is here :)

Stop talking about Fela. Everybody know him and his afrobeat. Now, Europe and United States must know something about Nigerian hip hop. Quality is here - Nigeria Keep Doin' ! :)

Darey is going to relase his album in United States. His brand new video.

·
Purely 9ja.
612 Posts
Yeah i think the Nigerian music industry is booming.

·
Banned
312 Posts
It is, P square and Tuface are out selling american artists, with in-africa sales alone. Friends ahve told me that nigerians don't listen to american music anymore and you dont hear it in clubs and parties except for 1 or 2 token songs.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Wiz Kid "Holla at your boy"

Freaky Things "Phil Flow Feat General Pype"

DJ Zeez "Fokasibe"

Airis "Without you"

Proto Feat Eldee "My guys dem"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nigerian Artists Deserve some respect.

Recently at the Arthur Guinness Concert, P-Square created a scene in your defence, what is your take on the matter?
We actually came back and some people tried to disrespect us. They always disrespect Nigerian artistes when it comes to stuff like that. It is not necessarily Guinness; it’s the people they employed. You know they employ some agencies to handle stuff sometimes and these people just disrespect Nigerian artistes.
And the Guinness staff actually came to apologize to us. That was why myself and P-Square came back on stage to perform. I will advice big companies to tell those who run the agencies they hire to stop disrespecting Nigerian artistes. I left the Guinness show but the members of staff who understood what went wrong, came after me and pleaded for me to come back.

Why do you think these agencies disrespect Nigerian artistes?
It is because they tend to look at us on their own level and see foreign artistes in a higher level than we are. It’s just like when you say a prophet is not respected in his home. They want to impress foreign artistes when they come to Nigeria. They want to kiss their butts or something in that line. When they have shows like that, Nigerian artistes also make demands but everything they would prepare would be just for the foreign artistes. For instance, I made demands for my own backstage arrangement and on that day, I come to the venue of the show and they have a general backstage for all the Nigerian artistes and they have one particular area for the foreign artistes. And then sometimes, even the area that is created for the Nigerian artistes, when the foreign artiste come, they deny Nigerian artiste access to the place. Although sometimes, some artistes do not make these demands when we get to the venue of the show, they complain that they are being maltreated meanwhile in their rider they did not make these demands. Even those of us who make these demands are not even satisfied and there are confrontations and one just decides to refrain from displaying and making trouble.

what do u think is happening,

its time we start to appreciate and respect our Nigeria stars

or what do u think can cause this

·
15,239 Posts
Samuel...Was that the new video shot on the Third mainland bridge..........There's been a lot of buzz about it.

·
Banned
11,509 Posts
what is up with the auto-tune nigerians are using.....i dont call that music...that is t-pain music

·
Banned
11,509 Posts
i prefer old school nigerian music than this crap nowadays...anything to make a few naira

1 - 20 of 479 Posts