Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Expert
21,676 Posts
Then they should continue fighting and they will die for nothing with their ideology.

·
Expert
21,676 Posts
Well everybody is right from a certain perspective.

·
Expert
21,676 Posts
What did I say Boko Haram are stupid.

The killing of Mohammed Yusuf was justified. That animal should have been killed 10 times over. Christians have absolutely nothing to answer to, with regards to the killings of muslims. Christians are not a single entity and innocent Christians cannot be held responsible for the actions of others.

Boko Haram can continue its senseless killings. No apologies should be made.

At least the people they are killing have brains. They that are alive and breathing among us, have not had the pleasure of living as men with intelligence.

No amount of killing can give a human being a brain. The Government should not even dialogue with them on any level.

I spit on all their beliefs. I spit on Mohammed Yusuf.

·
Expert
21,676 Posts
Jonathan does not have to use them....they are doing this on their own free will.

They want to fight for Jonathan, I don't think he is using them.

They are just stupid. anyway Asari Dokubo is not a main man in Niger Delta militancy anymore, let us see what the higher ranking militants have to say.

·
Expert
21,676 Posts
If that is the case then Jonathan Goodluck must hate himself.

:lol:

What he is doing is not to the detriment of Nigeria but to himself. These politicians have not learned their lesson from Boko Haram.

These things do not work!

These hired Militants will cause more problems for the Government than good.

:lol: The Government is asking for trouble.

·
Expert
21,676 Posts
Boko Haram are irrelevant in Nigeria and in the world.

They just want to negotiate, because like I said they are nothing.

If they were something, they wouldn't beg for negotiation. They are nothing, they are lower than the dirt on the ground, so why wouldn't they negotiate?

All this talk about no dialogue has just been a joke, they are not going to get any virgins if they die, so while they are alive, they better negotiate with the Government so that their status can be elevated from lower than dirt to something higher.

·
Expert
21,676 Posts
If they kill him that is instant war right there.

All these people threatening Jonathan keep forgetting that Jonathan has backers.....not fictitious backers.....real backers.

In fact I dare them to kill him...let them kill him today..let us see what will happen

Jonathan is the most protected man in Nigeria today!, he has already secured a lot of support for the 2015 elections, without even campaigning

·
Expert
21,676 Posts
El Rufai & Buhari need to be stripped of their Nigerian citizenship and imprisoned or exiled.

·
Expert
21,676 Posts
Abuja, Ibadan, Benin, and Enugu as well as the road between them now available on Google street views.....
Happy busy viewing.
I have just been looking through Ibadan, and the number of religious facilities is deeply worrying.

I have looked through an area (no exaggeration) where apart from houses, almost every building is a church or a mosque (no exaggeration). I have seen an area where there are essentially no buildings for retail, no buildings for autos, no day-cares, no flower shops, no libraries, no arts and craft, no recognisable building for any formal activity for the most part, just houses and churches and mosques.

This is worrying because (I don't know what the statisticians say about the size of religion as a % of GDP, this figure may be hard to arrive at due to the role of the church etc.) but I think Nigerians have invested more into religious facilities than almost every country on the planet.

Government needs to regulate the zoning of facilities. There shouldn't be 20-30 religious facilities in a small LGA. Set aside a cultural-religious precinct where churches, mosques etc. can be built. Stop the proliferation of church operators etc. It is similar to what happened with universities in Nigeria or even schools.

Not everyone should be operating a university, a school, a church etc. It makes a mess of the urban landscape and those institutions themselves. It also wastes resources.

This is not an argument against religion, but everything should be regulated. There seems to be essentially no town-planning in the average Nigerian suburb.

Government also needs to start auditing the finances of religious institutions. If Nigerians are pouring much of their money into religious institutions, fine...but we need to make sure that people are not wasting the little money that they have. Churches need to open their books and show how they are using the money. I don't think this is a small matter, I think religion in Nigeria is pretty much one of the largest industries from what I can see.

It is probably as important to regulate and reform as it is any other sector.

This argument will fall on deaf ears, but I just had to get it off my chest. It is so sad to see. There are probably more churches and mosques in Nigeria than there are paved streets. You can be the most religious person on the planet, but you can't tell me this makes sense. Saudi Arabia is not like this, Israel is not like this.

·
Expert
21,676 Posts
That is because LGAs were never designed to be functional in Nigeria.

They are tools for the State government machinery.

In the West LGAs have real power and real function, so much so that an LGA can even rival a state government! We need LGAs in Nigeria, and they need to become independent from the state governments.

·
Expert
21,676 Posts
Not disputing any of that.

Just saying that whatever number of LGAs there are, they should be independent from the State government, and they should be involved with the majority of city planning.

A lot of what we discuss on this forum, should actually be the domain of the LGAs, that is how powerful they are supposed to be. As it is right now, I have heard that the LGAs kick back to the State government.

I think the State governments are actually over-stepping their boundaries in that regard, they are involved in too much city-planning...They need to lose some of their power to the LGAs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts