·
6,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Cranes over the City Central Project

Victoria Square

New Law Courts

Supreme Courts

Vic Sq. from Optus

Looking north from Optus again. I count three cranes.

South Terrace from the Pultney Grammar overpass. Damn rich kids.

King William meets South. Blurry tram!

Fluke shot of Grenfell Street without a tripod. How I held the cam steady, I have no idea.

Grenfell Street from U-Park. Impossible to use a tripod there, hence the horrible angle.

North Terrace from the Morphette Street Bridge.

Rail yards from the Morphette Street bridge. Got a lot of blurry shots from the bridge, because it's continiously shaking.

North Terrace again

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Fantastic shots there atd! must go back to Adelaide very soon...

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen Adelaide street night shots before.

Great stuff AtD. How you got crisp clear night pics without a tripod requires great talent. You genius! lol :)

BTW Does Adelaide have a neon district, like Flinders/Swanston Sts in Melbourne and Kings Cross @ the top of William St in Sydney?

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
Very nice shots.

The shots you claimed as "bad angles' are infact better than the rest lol.
I prefer the slight angle, it makes the shot more interesting.

Well done.

(The Brisbane State High at south brisbane has an overpass as well...)

·
Insert text here:
1,228 Posts
some of the nicest nite shots of adelaide i have seen in a while. I can't work out why things blur more at night ( not just your shots) but every other night shot i have seen aswell.

·
6,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Night shots are blurry because of the way photography works. Because there is low light, you need to have the shutter open for a little bit longer to allow enough light onto the film (or whatever) for a picture to appear. If something moves while the shutter is open, it appears as blurry. A longer shutter speed means a greater chance of something moving, thus being blurry.

It can lead to some neat effects. If the camera is kept still while things (such as cars) are moving, the background is in focus but the cars leave a 'motion blurr.' It can look very cool, especially when they have their lights on.

·
Insert text here:
1,228 Posts
cheers for that. So to do this you must need to set somthing on your camera or is there another way to make the shutter stay open longer?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Great photos Adam, what kind of camera do you have?

I have a good digital camera, but when I want to take a photo at night without the tripod, the photos come out really crap.

·
Professional amateur
1,062 Posts
I love the third pic, new law courts. I find that building very.... I dunno.... sexy I suppose. Love it! Uber-awesome Adelaide pics mate :)

Stu

1 - 19 of 19 Posts