SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious which places you guys recommend for a Friday night in Liverpool? Music doesn't really matter, but it'd be nice to go somewhere safe with nice looking girls.

Speaking of which, is the violence/racism in this city as bad as some say?

·
Cork 2005
2,223 Posts
every friday night is a riot of fighting and racsim with at least a couple of shootings outside most bars. You have a very bad image of Liverpool which for its size is proven to be one of the safest metropoitan areas in the UK.

if you manage to dodge the bullets and race riots enough then head to concert square (especially if the weather is good) If not mathew street is a ball also.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
In addition, babycream on the Albert Dock is a good place to spend an evening, though a bit pricey. There's a restaurant upstairs. too. There are several bars around the dock, all of them safe. Some of the bars in Hardman Street can be OK, likewise the Phil on the corner of Hope Street. If it doesn't have to be the city centre - try Lark Lane (lots of good retaurants and bars/pubs). Check out the restaurants and bars thread on this subforum for more.

There's a diverse selection amongst this lot, just skimming through it will give you a flavour:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=272742

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
the typical night for my group of firends and i is, start off at the symphony, then go the magnet, then hannahs bar, then korova sometimes, then the krazyhouse.

·
Banned
15,521 Posts
All good, Louis. Where is the Symphony? Since the Probe Records online Liverpool Booze Map has gone down, I can't keep up!

·
Keltlandia
8,877 Posts
Louis1986 said:
the typical night for my group of firends and i is, start off at the symphony, then go the magnet, then hannahs bar, then korova sometimes, then the krazyhouse.
Ah yes, Hannah's Bar. Nice place. That list sounds like one of my nights out. I often start at the Phil pub and then progress down Hardman Street.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Awayo said:
All good, Louis. Where is the Symphony? Since the Probe Records online Liverpool Booze Map has gone down, I can't keep up!
yeah, the symphony is next to the community college on myrtle street, it used to be called the varsity

·
Banned
15,521 Posts
Ah, thought it might have been. I've been in the Varsity. Not my favourite, tbh. They seemed to throw the building up in about a fortnight.

Must be ok for watching the match though: big screens and all that.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
yeah it is, but its one of those places you can go if ya wanna talk, you know, not so noisy that you cant here yourself think!

·
800th birthday in 2007
4,192 Posts
secretasianman said:
Just curious which places you guys recommend for a Friday night in Liverpool? Music doesn't really matter, but it'd be nice to go somewhere safe with nice looking girls.

Speaking of which, is the violence/racism in this city as bad as some say?
Concert Sq/Wood St/Fleet St area is a great buzzin place to go out, plenty of bars/resteraunts in the area, loads of nice wimmin everywhere. Very mixed crowd, all nationalities/regions, but like anywhere you do see the occasional bit of trouble. Racism not evident, as many different races present. There are no hoards of BNP skinhead gangs if thats what you are worried about, and i haven't noticed any racist grafiti.

Mathew St area is not bad also, but i have noticed it is a bit more rowdier.

As the old saying goes safety in numbers, this goes for any city, if your walking all on you own at 3am in a dark city street, someone may see you as vulnerable.

·
Registered
13,955 Posts
I opened the Varsity back in '98 and worked there for 3 1/2 years whilst at uni. one hell of a laugh to work there and worked wonders for my pulling. havent been there since it rebranded, but imagine its pretty similar.

beatufil ladies can be found in spades in Alma de Cuba by the way. take up an elevated position and oh my god.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Who's that knocking at my door?

Who's that ringing the bell?

It's not a beautiful Asian woman, it's X, Y & Z , and we're off into town (walking, taxi back... erm, walking back). Only two of us are white. Don't think we'll be going to Alma de Cuba, not unless we get lucky on the way.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I agree Craigie Mann!
Society on a friday is the best place goin!!! mmmmmm........beautiful people!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Indeed :) although Kubik which is on once a month at the carling academy is a great trance night. I can't wait for cream & hascienda @ nation the end of this month though :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts