Votes: 8 14.3%

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 3 or less

Votes: 6 10.7%
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
326 Posts
I gave it a 9. It has character, a nice mixed of old and new though the skyscraper's not high.

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
I competed in (and completed :D) the Nijmegen march last year. Stayed at the Dutch Army Camp Humensoord just outside the town centre.

I didn't think much of the Nijmegen skyline really - just a small urban postwar town of a few 70s office blocks.

At street level it's great though - I love the layout of the small roads in the town centre (as I do with most European cities). Nightlife for the week that we were there was amazing with so many live bands in the many public squares - though I heard that it's only like that for that one week of the year. Girls weren't too bad either ;)

Will be glad to say that I'll be in Nijmegen for the march this summer too :)

As for the skyline - 4.5 out of 10.

·
Registered
282 Posts
nice city, but no skyline. Arnhem has a much better skyline :sleepy: but can find it in the list, nou ja :) >>> 6

·
Fan van de Neudeflat
2,499 Posts
Nijmegen is a great city and the pics in this thread do no justice to it. Even though the historical town was completely destroyed in WWII (accidentely bombed by the US Air Force) the city center is very nice.

It hasn't much of a skyline. There are not many highrises in the city and the few highrises are pretty ugly. Still, the view from the other side of the river to the "skyline" of the historical town is very nice.

Some nice pics:

Some nice new architecture:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
why such a small city gets always great hip hop live acts like non phixion ... lucky bastards

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
7/10 It is a nice looking city, but so are most of the Netherlands and many other countries in Europe. If I could pronounce it I'd give it a 7,5. Just kidding!

·
A B C
1,669 Posts
What is the city's population? So far I give it a 5.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
The city proper has a population just shy of 160.000.
It's one of the two main towns of the Arnhem-Nijmegen metro (kan.nl) which has a total population of about 700.000 on an area of about 1000 sq. km

·
A B C
1,669 Posts
5/10 I dont see much of a skyline.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts