SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Global Citizen
4,447 Posts
Definitely one of the best Chinese skyscraper designs recently. I just hope it will be build in the downtown area, rather than in the new CBD far in the south of the city where most of Ningbo's highrise construction seems to take place these days.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Very cool looking building, but when will China cut it out with this 8-lane-road-in-the-middle-of-the-city crap? How bad does local air pollution in cities have to be for Chinese planners to get the message?

Sorry, O/T rant.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Very cool looking building, but when will China cut it out with this 8-lane-road-in-the-middle-of-the-city crap? How bad does local air pollution in cities have to be for Chinese planners to get the message?

Sorry, O/T rant.
Well, big cities need big roads :nuts: Ningbo has about 3.5million people in the urban area and 7.7million in it's administrative area.

China is investing more in rail transit and metro systems than any other country in the world, I think they got the message long ago.

Also, the main problem is not many cars but many dirty cars. As China gets richer people will be able to afford more modern cars including hybrids and e-cars so the problem will soften over time. Additionally the main source for pollution in Chinese cities are coal burning and heavy industry. Both should also be reduced in the future as China switches to a more advanced economy and uses more advanced energy technologies.

Anyways, Ningbo is not known for it's heavy pollution - take a look at the North-East if you want some really heavy smog ;)

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,498 Posts
Wow, this design is epic! How have I missed it before :cheers:

Reactions: Zaz965

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,498 Posts
Sadly the design was changed. Such a shame

Reactions: Zaz965

·
Registered
176 Posts
With five towers this project can be slightly confusing orientation-wise. From just the photos, sometimes I don't know if I'm looking at the front end or the back end. So today I went out to the site and took a photo from the top of a nearby building to the south, and also took photos of the model in the sales office. Hope this helps. :)

FYI towers 1-3 have been topped out, and are set to open late 2017. Cladding has begun on tower 1 (north side). Tower 4 has nearly surpassed tower 3 in height. Looking forward to seeing more progress on tower 5 hopefully soon!

Also, I was surprised to learn all five towers will be 100% office space. No residential or hotel. Ground level will be retail obviously.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,498 Posts
great progress! the core really shot out in the last few months

1 - 20 of 45 Posts