1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Europa
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
13 Posts
wish to know what is the program for this project? For those sky gardern office areas, there is leasable area on those floors? does the clients sale them for higher prices?

I was involved with a supter tall highrise in shenzhen area, i am looking for similar thing to spark my design.

·
Registered
176 Posts
This deserves an update.

Dec 27, 2015

Excavation, foundation laying.

May 16, 2016

Foundations nearing completion.

No photos more recent than that. But I am reading the steel structure is supposed to be going up soon (or has already started) so I am going to go out to the site sometime to check the progress.

·
ESTELI REPUBLIC
ESTELI PARLIAMENTARY REPUBLIC
7,472 Posts
Interesting. I thought this was in Africa. Has sort of an African name.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Interesting. I thought this was in Africa. Has sort of an African name.
My Chinese is not the greatest but the name is 国华. That can be translated several ways and when there's no simple, direct way to translate a Chinese name into English they just go with the phonetic sound: gwoah whah

Individually 国 means nation/state and 花 means flower or magnificent.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
My Chinese is not the greatest but the name is 国华. That can be translated several ways and when there's no simple, direct way to translate a Chinese name into English they just go with the phonetic sound: gwoah whah

Individually 国 means nation/state and 花 means flower or magnificent.
华 is not 花 in a non-poetic situation. 华 is the character that symbolizes the embodiment of "Chineseness". 国华 loosely means the Chinese state and all the history that came with it. The duality of that meaning with magnificence is a way of saying that "Chineseness" is magnificent. So the tower literally and figuratively stands in the name of the magnificence of Chinese civilization/country as a whole.

·
Registered
176 Posts
华 is not 花 in a non-poetic situation. 华 is the character that symbolizes the embodiment of "Chineseness". 国华 loosely means the Chinese state and all the history that came with it. The duality of that meaning with magnificence is a way of saying that "Chineseness" is magnificent. So the tower literally and figuratively stands in the name of the magnificence of Chinese civilization/country as a whole.
Oops, I made a typo there. But that was a great explanation, thanks!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts