Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,084 Posts
As I've already said,
[Y]ou can always search for answers.
1. All but three stations have island platforms, so left side.
2. Underground for the most part. Only nine stations are elevated (and this includes all three side platform stations).
3. Once again, I don't know. Perhaps Gulou, the only interchange station.
4. And once again, there is no suburban rail. Yet.
5. Line 1 has Tiantongzhuang depot beyond Dongnan Nanlu (and even beyond Qiuga of the second phase) and Jiangnan parking area beyond Gaoqiao. Line 2 has Huang'ai depot between Lishe and Yinzhou Dadao and Dongwaihuan parking area beyond Qingshuipu.

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,084 Posts
Where those two infill stations (Nanbei Dadao and Yongjiang Nanlu) came from? Neither Wikipedia nor Baike Baidu mention those. If they are indeed planned, I'm sure Yongjiang Nanlu has its position switched with Wuga in that map. Also, line 2 won't run all the way back to line 1, it will stop at Xiaogang. East of there it will be part of line 6 instead.

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,084 Posts
AFAIK the 10 line plan (8 + 2 express lines markes as Kx) is intended for 2030, while the 20 line one is just a brainfart from someone at Ditiezu.

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,084 Posts
The first phase of line 3 is entering operation on June 30. It comprises 15 stations along a 16.7 route from Datong Qiao to Gaotang Qiao, and all stations are expected to open from day one. A suburban extension known as the Fenghua line is expected to open later this year. An extension north to Luotuo Bei is planned (if not already U/C).

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,084 Posts
That is one of the two things I noticed on the second map in the post following the one you quoted and I didn't knew of. The other is about the second phase of line 3, which apparently at first will not connect to the rest of line 3 but to line 5 instead.

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,084 Posts
It has been confirmed the first three stations of the Ningbo-Fenghua line (a.k.a line S3) will open on September 28 at 10:00. It will feature through running with line 3, and in fact this section is planned to become part of line 3 itself some time in the future. The rest of the line will open some time next year, and it is expected to be broken into two at Fangqiao, with a new route North of that point. Source (Chinese).

I've also looked why the second phase of line 3 will be connected to line 5 instead. There's the Zhuangqiao Air Base just North of Datongqiao (the current Northern terminus of line 3), which is planned to be relocated some time in the future, but it is not known exactly when. As a result, the second phase of line 3 cannot be connected to the rest of the line (it would run directly below the air base), and thus a section of the second phase of line 5 will be built instead to connect it to the rest of the network.

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,084 Posts
A few days ago the Ningbo-Fenghua line was renamed Yinzhou-Fenghua, or Yinfeng, line. They could have done that before the line's opening, as now they had to change all signage. I'll still know it as line S3 anyway, as I stick with numbers only.

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,084 Posts
It has been confirmed line 2 is being extended on May 30. The 2nd phase from Qingshuipu to... Congyuan Lu, so just the first 3 stations of it, the other 2 to Honglian aren't expected to open until 2022. Before that, expected openings for later this year include line 4 and the rest of the Ningbo Yinzhou-Fenghua line.

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,084 Posts
Now open for business. It may seem a minor opening at only 5.6 km in length, but with this the Ningbo metro has now passed the 100 km mark.

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,084 Posts
The remainder of the Yinzhou-Fenghua (Yinfeng) line is set to open on September 27 (tomorrow), exactly 365 days (but not one calendar year, as a February 29 happened) after the first few stations at the northern end of it entered operation. The the line will finally reach Fenghua (which was a county-level city when the line started construction, but was reorganized into a district soon afterwards), adding 15.9 km and 6 stations to the line. The line has through running to line 3, however this may change if it is extended North from Fengqiao (In that case the line 3 designation would be extended). An extension South to Ninghai and a branch to Xikou have been proposed as well.

Next up is line 4, a Northwest-Southeast line passing through Ningbo railway station, due to open at the end of this year.

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,084 Posts
In other news, I haven't posted yet the new round of short-term planning, 6 lines and extensions which add up to 123 km. I don't know if this has already gone through the NDRC, but at least this was the draft in December 2019:
  • West extension of line 1, Gaoqiao Xi to Shilutou, 1.5 km, 1 station.
  • Extensions of line 4, Cicheng to Cicheng Xi and Dongqiang Hu to Guojia Huiyi Zhongxin, 5 km, 2 stations. Two one-station extensions, 2.5 km each, at both ends of the Northwest-Southeast line due to open late this year.
  • 2nd phase of line 5, Waicaocun to Buzheng, 16.8 km, 13 stations. Makes line 5 into a loop (n.b.: the section between Xingzhuang Lu and Waicaocun is U/C to connect a section of line 3 that otherwise would be isolated to the rest of the network).
  • 1st phase of line 6, Huanggu Lu to Honglian, 38.2 km, 24 stations. Southwest-Northeast line running from Gulin town West of Ningbo Lishe airport to Zhenhai district. A 2nd phase, originally planned as part of line 2, will extend the line to Beilun.
  • Line 7, Yunlong to Yufan Lu, 38.8 km, 25 stations. Arabic question mark-shaped line.
  • 1st phase of line 8, Jiangcun to Jiangbei Dadao, 22.6 km, 18 stations. L-shaped line.

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,084 Posts
I do not refuse to post any maps, I simply don't have them. I just translate what is said on Ditiezu, which unfortunately doesn't allow guests to see attachments (including any maps), only what is hosted in third parties, and they don't use that often. So most times I only know length, number of stations and endpoints. Sometimes they post the general alignment and/or the interchange stations, which allows me to plot an approximate route. So get over it and go moan elsewhere.

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,084 Posts
Line 4 is now open for business. It runs from Cicheng in the Northwest to Dongqian Hu in the Southeast, spanning 36.1 km with 25 stations. No stations have missed the opening day. Line 4 is expected to be extended in both directions in the future, one of them is a one-station extension.

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,084 Posts
Only turning line 5 into a loop has fallen, the rest proceeds ahead.

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,084 Posts
We missed on July 15 two lines started construction. Line 7 and line 8, two North-South lines on both sides of the city (although line 7 looks more like an arabic question mark). In addition an one-station extension at the Eastern end of line 4 is also under construction, it did so soon after the whole plan was approved by the NDRC. Out of the 107 km included in the current short-term plan 65 are now under construction, with an additional 45 still from the previous plan (Over half of the last figure is from line 5, expected to open later this year).

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
9,084 Posts
Line 5 is now open to revenue service. A J shaped line for now, it runs from Buzheng in the Southwest to Xingzhuang Lu in the Northeast, with 22 station on its 27.9 km route. In the future this line will have a short extension in order to connect to the isolated line 3 section now under construction, and in the long term it will become a loop line (something they had attempted to include in the current short term plan, but the NDRC said no).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts