SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 3061 Posts

·
Banned
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone post some pics of macedonian motorways and show how many are there, i am interested in that because as far as i know Macedonian built bulgarias wonderful new Struma motorway, i am intersted if the macedonian ones look similar.

·
52,656 Posts
This is pretty much the network. I heard the section towards the Greek border is already in use as a motorway, but not yet up to motorway standards.

pics follow.

·
52,656 Posts
Yeah but Macedonia had to struggle with civil war, and low incomes, and low tax income for the government, so the north-south axe was build during the Yugoslavia-period. Only the sections west of Skopje are newer.

·
Registered
344 Posts
So is M-1 till the Greek border finished? I saw few days ago that the company Ingra would build the remaining 9km M-1 between Kumanovo and Serbian border.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah the croatian company won the tender, I think its 7.6 Km and 11 million euros.
Ingra is supposedly in talks to buy ougright one of the macedonian construction companies, mavrovo i think. As far as the e-75/m-1 theres the section to the serbian border and a section in the south from Demir Kapija to Smokvica thats been delayed for some reason, that section is gonna cost 155 million euros be 27.5 kms long including tunels of 2.2kms and bridges 1.6kms (it was supposed to start 2008 but has been delayed.

·
Registered
234 Posts
BTW theres a powerpoint presentation :nuts: with some maps HERE

As far as the Skopje ring road its finally supposed to be finished this July

·
Registered
459 Posts
Is the E75 around Skopje renovated because last year there were so much holes that i hit my head in the bus every 5 or 10 seconds :D

·
Banned
2,235 Posts
it seems it might be fully lit!
:yes: :banana:

Is the E75 around Skopje renovated because last year there were so much holes that i hit my head in the bus every 5 or 10 seconds :D
Right now they're rehabilitating the bridging structures on the E-75. Resurfacing of the worst sections is planned for 2009.

Here are some pics from the undergoing works:

1 - 20 of 3061 Posts