SkyscraperCity Forum banner
2001 - 2020 of 3329 Posts

·
Banned
2,564 Posts
This is the 2,000. reply on this thread:

I have mentioned before it is about the communist government dealing with the name issue. 'End of April' is just near there will be no opening as the communists are still far from any 'solution' for the dispute with Greece.

Once the communists make some provisional 'deal' to fabric the public they will eventually open this in a grand scale.

Reactions: pikoc89

·
Banned
2,564 Posts
Communists never build. They only 'restore'. Communists never build, they are not builders they are not inventors. They are leftist liberals and care for the community as a 'whole'.
In Macedonia communists were ruling from 1945 until 1991. It was the mantra that everyone is 'the same'. Which in human nature no one is the same.

This government has no intention to build. As they don't know it and they consider evil to build as they consider it is 'stealing' from people if you build.

We should dismantle this government on the next elections and bring the rightist back.

Reactions: pikoc89

·
Banned
2,564 Posts
The section is finished and ready months ago. It is almost 1st May. The congestion towards Greece will just start. But the communists are just, communists. They don't think about traffic congestion.

The old section claimed many lives in road accidents last winter and this spring because the new one is not opening because of obvious political reasons.

But the people and the media are stupid. They don't criticize.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
They cant open it without finishing the control tower that surveils the tunnel. Simply put..
If the tower - the building itself, not the equipment - is really not yet completed... Well, it would still take many months till the road might be opened in countries like Germany and Switzerland just because tunnel equipment is usually tested for many months before the road is allowed to be opened.

·
Banned
2,564 Posts
That is a joke because in the contract there was no surveillance 'tower' for the tunnels.

It is a communist lie.

The tunnels are just more than 1 km in length which is a really small length.

Northern entrance:

Southern entrance:

Greek company Actor has finished the job. But Zajko is waiting signal from Tsipras for the name dispute. Its a comedy circus.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
That is a joke because in the contract there was no surveillance 'tower' for the tunnels.
It is a communist lie.
Sorry, I don't know if there is a tower, a room or anything else to monitor the tunnel. According to EU regulation, tunnel safety equipment is required and must be tested before a tunnel can be opened.

Sure, Macedonia is not a member of EU and I know nothing about Macedonian road safety law but I wanna point out that it seems to be similar to Western Europe where it is mandatory to check safety relevant features first.

The tunnels are just more than 1 km in length which is a really small length.
The tunnel length is not relevant in countries like Germany. A tunnel is a tunnel (> 80m) and safety equipment must be checked! New German roads (with tunnels) are usually completed many months before opening!

My only source about the incomplete builing on the Macedonian motorway section is tfd543s post. If this info is wrong, I would also be wrong about a true reason for the opening delay. However, everything I wrote about road safety is true according to EU law - again, which is not valid for Macedonia!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I dont know. In theory it might have to do with the greek dispute but i doubt. This is a small piece of road ie peanuts compared to the actual dispute where it is at constitutional level. I dont believe there is a linkage but i mean who knows right?!

·
Macedonia
47,938 Posts
For some reason, the published photos on this theme have vanished.

Skopje/Скопје;147049049 said:
Okay, the construction of the control center for the tunnels of the Demir Kapija-Smokvica section is finished, so I believe that in the end of April we will have an official opening of this section. Just a reminder - this was one of the main reasons for postponing the opening of the section.

photos source

Here they are:

·
Banned
2,564 Posts
I dont know. In theory it might have to do with the greek dispute but i doubt. This is a small piece of road ie peanuts compared to the actual dispute where it is at constitutional level. I dont believe there is a linkage but i mean who knows right?!
The corridor 10 from Serbian to Greek border was recently rename to 'Friendship' because of the name dispute Greece has with Macedonia.

The so called 'Alexander the Great' name was dropped as the communists negotiated with the Greek government, after the rightists were defeated in Macedonia.

The remaining section is on the way to Greece and has been built by Greek company, but it was tendered and processed by the rightists.

So, last year the communists said that they will open the section in March this year which coincide with their desire to 'end' the dispute by this date.

But it doesn't happen and they postponed for 15th April. It was today but it won't open until July possibly.

It is because they can't find solution now and the process is slowing down.
If they open it without 'solving' the name dispute they will lose credit because they cannot cover this mega project politically, as it was started and processed by the previous government.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
The corridor 10 from Serbian to Greek border was recently rename to 'Friendship' because of the name dispute Greece has with Macedonia.

The so called 'Alexander the Great' name was dropped as the communists negotiated with the Greek government, after the rightists were defeated in Macedonia.

The remaining section is on the way to Greece and has been built by Greek company, but it was tendered and processed by the rightists.

So, last year the communists said that they will open the section in March this year which coincide with their desire to 'end' the dispute by this date.

But it doesn't happen and they postponed for 15th April. It was today but it won't open until July possibly.

It is because they can't find solution now and the process is slowing down.
If they open it without 'solving' the name dispute they will lose credit because they cannot cover this mega project politically, as it was started and processed by the previous government.
Well. We will see.:soon:

·
Macedonia
47,938 Posts
^^

It's not, today is going to be the official opening for use of the highway section Demir Kapija-Smokvica, other media also announced the event. The communist plot against the glorious state of Macedonia failed again. :lol:

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Skopje/Скопје;147654003 said:
^^

It's not, today is going to be the official opening for use of the highway section Demir Kapija-Smokvica, other media also announced the event. The communist plot against the glorious state of Macedonia failed again. :lol:
Great news together with the fact that the EU commission recommended to open EU accession negotiations with MK recently. Thats nice !:banana::banana::banana:

2001 - 2020 of 3329 Posts